Interesting Combinations using a three card system for courts

Bernice

Shebelle: ...And you're right: how you phrase is everything since the cards WILL answer, but may address the question you SHOULD HAVE asked!
I learned, in the Lenormand threads, just how very important the question is. It's gotta be clear-cut.

Sometimes people ask an involved question that is really 3 questions in one, similar to yours. Unless you're going to use a spread that will address the various parts of such a question (which means that the 'reader' has got to sort it out before choosing a spread and laying the cards), it would be a struggle to give a sensible response with a simple 3-card spread. Especially this one!

So, best bet is to try and discern exactly what the person really wants to know, then re-phrase it for the card spread. If necessary break the question up into it's parts and do a reading for each part.

FYI, I spy all the time :)

Also FYI, I drew these cards while I was studying the spread by Little Baron. I asked a bunch of questions, reviewed some old 3 card spreads I did, etc. And I asked this one, thinking I was being clever by wording it "What do I need to know" so that I understood who the message was for and wasn't just asking my deck for, essentially, a free spying session...:)

Like I said, I desire to spy at most times. I try to temper my urges by being clever.:) )
But the cards find us out :D

Bee :) :)

P.S. The way cards are read isn't set in stone. The querent can be whoever or whatever you want it to be.

Bernice

Re. the querent/subject of the reading, found this by LB: Post #69

And some thoughts re. a third court, posts #47 and #62

Bee :)

Shebelle

Note from Little Baron

Thanks for the suggestions, Bee. I read them and got a lot from them.

Little Baron visited my blog and asked me to pass along this message:

"I am Little Baron, who begain the ‘court’ thread that you and other members have been commenting on at Aeclectic in recent weeks. It was brought to my attention by a friend and I just read through all of the posts posted since my last one.

I was hoping you would pass a message on to those there, saying how pleased I am that people have taken on my adaptation of Deborah Leigh’s method. It really is a great help in reading court cards."

Bernice

LB visited your blog! (You're honoured :))

Thank you Little Baron for contacting Shebelle - BUT why not post here? We're in need of the thread-starter....you.

Have you developed your 'adaptations' over the intervening time?

Im having trouble grasping this. I dont know why, everyone seems to understanding it well. Help!!!!

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, newbie! What part(s) are you having trouble with?

daphne

Yes, it may seem like a lot of cards, but when you read in threes, you don't notice. It is so much nicer because it punctuates the response. Rather than asking what that one card could mean, in most cases, you have a noun, adjective and verb, like you do in a sentence.

Could you please explain more about noun + adj + vb? How do you decide which is which? Just by order (like first is noun, second is adjective, third is verb)?

daphne

Satori, kudos to you! May the Bluebird of Happiness sit on your shoulder :)

Great links you've ferreted out and put together all in one place. It must have taken you ages.... (I recognise Phoenix Rising from the Lenormand threads :) )

NOW, we can see what others made of this method, it's a great help.

But I'm rapidly going off the 'which-way-the-courts-face' idea, as only these 4 Courts face to the right/future (also depends on the deck I suppose...),

K Spades, Q Spades, J Spades, J Clubs
----------------------

I'm finding LBs 'adaptation' more useful, where a court-card in the First Position is representive of the Querent, whether by features or characteristics. (I don't expect everyone uses the P.P.card meanings though.....)

In those cases where the 'querent' is a non-sentient 'thing' and a court-card is in the first place, i.e: querent is, house, book, work-place, company, hotel, holiday resort, car, garden, computer, etc., I'm assigning 'non-sentient meanings' to the courts.

I'm finding that Sometimes the non-sentient court is a person who is directly in charge of, or responsible for, the 'thing'. Or someone who needs to be dealt with on behalf of the 'thing'.

It's working fine (for me) so far. Here's my 'non-sentient' Club-Courts (in the quote):

The 'Quality' associations are only there to get a 'feel' for the Primary meanings.

Example: In the case of the Jack, if he turned up as representing an Insurance Company that you're thinking of taking out a policy with, you might want to check out some other firms before going ahead.
But if your query was about a Mobile Phone' to be used for some very basic purpose only, then the Jack just might fit the bill.
----------------

Bee, interesting description!
If you are still around, where is the rest of your quote, I mean, here are only the clubs described.
Did you make a list for the other colors too?

rwcarter

Could you please explain more about noun + adj + vb? How do you decide which is which? Just by order (like first is noun, second is adjective, third is verb)?
LittleBaron hasn't been around Aeclectic for 7 years, so it's highly unlikely that he'll respond. From what I know of this method (and I think I've seen it discussed somewhere else), noun + adjective + verb is determined by position. In English speaking countries we tend to say John speaks quickly (n + v + adj). If memory serves from Romance languages, they're usually spoken as John quickly speaks (n + adj + v). I think either way would be fine as long as one is consistent.

Rodney

daphne

LittleBaron hasn't been around Aeclectic for 7 years, so it's highly unlikely that he'll respond. From what I know of this method (and I think I've seen it discussed somewhere else), noun + adjective + verb is determined by position. In English speaking countries we tend to say John speaks quickly (n + v + adj). If memory serves from Romance languages, they're usually spoken as John quickly speaks (n + adj + v). I think either way would be fine as long as one is consistent.

Rodney

I think I read about this method in a tarot book, I dont remember the name now...
Each card was given three different types of keywords, depending on the position in a spread of 3, and it was indeed n/v/adj.