Another Pilgrim Paints BOTA Cards

Richard

......Anyone care to comment on the "Seed" in the upper lefthand corner of Death?......
After something ends, there is a new beginning. :?:

Tarot Orat

I've been away for a while and coming back to this thread and seeing your work is inspiring! I'm going to start my thread as soon as I find the pencil I was going to use for the flesh colors and can actually finish the Fool. THe coloring I've done so far has been very meditative and I love how the detail-oriented nature of the work lets my mind soak up the meaning of the card and the symbols.

treedog

I've been away for a while and coming back to this thread... I'm going to start my thread as soon as I find the pencil I was going to use for the flesh colors....

Sometimes I thought it would be nice to actually have Silver and Gold as colors. But I get creative with what I've got. And the flesh tones are interesting. I use a combination of yellow, orange, brown and occassionaly grey. I never know exactly how they'll come out. And the different colors allow me to do a little shading under the chin or breasts.

When you start posting I hope you'll stick around on this thread; it's nice to have company. It gives a solitary study the feeling of happening in a village. Like parallel play in Kindergarten, we're involved in different activities at the same table :)

treedog

Ah, the Trumps

One thing that is gratifying somehow is that I can actually shuffle the 22 cards.

16 through 21 attached.

Attachments

• BOTA-16,17,18.jpg
    BOTA-16,17,18.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 147
  • BOTA-19,20,21.jpg
    BOTA-19,20,21.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 140

treedog

The Wands were a trip... so much red and orange, so much Fire. And now the Cups...

I was journaling as a way of understanding (for me) some of the differences between Trumps, Spots (pips) and Court Cards. I saw the Court Cards as evolving the way we do. Wow, what a journey they're on!

The Cups Family attached.

Attachments

• BOTA,-cups.family.jpg
    BOTA,-cups.family.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 130

treedog

for Good Completions, for New Beginnings

I completed my coloring of the B.O.T.A. deck today. A sense of accomplishment, a touch of sadness, a pause at the top of the breath.

One unanticipated experience was in the coloring of the Pentacles. Because I use a small palette of colors I combined colors, as directed, to achive the majority of hues used in that suit. I was definitely the Alchemist! And I think that may have been part of the intended lesson.

As well as getting to know the cards a bit more intimately, some of the lessons were simply about patience and perseverance. Good stuff for a guy like me. It was a regular (amost daily) activity that said, "The Tarots are important, and my work on the path is important."

And although I am really the only one to judge my participation here, I feel like I'm a solid, though relatively new, member of AT and this wonderful, crazy world of those 78 little jewels.

By the way, I also completed my 1st B.O.T.A. correspondance lesson this afternoon. It all lines up when we let it :)

Richard

I completed my coloring of the B.O.T.A. deck today. A sense of accomplishment, a touch of sadness, a pause at the top of the breath.....
Congratulations!!!!! I finished the Minors but never started doing the Majors of the 78 card deck. Too hard on the old eyeballs.
By the way, I also completed my 1st B.O.T.A. correspondance lesson this afternoon. It all lines up when we let it :)
I would like to do that too. I'll have to ponder how much it will affect my monthly budget. I was a member of AMORC for a couple of years long long ago.

treedog

...I would like to do that too. I'll have to ponder how much it will affect my monthly budget.

I assume you mean do the lessons. If I really desire something I just jump out there and the money follows. I know that sounds awfully simplistic and new-agey, but it happens like that.

You could do 3 months, then bail. Anyway, keep painting!

Richard

I assume you mean do the lessons. If I really desire something I just jump out there and the money follows. I know that sounds awfully simplistic and new-agey, but it happens like that.

You could do 3 months, then bail. Anyway, keep painting!
You talked me into it. I just now signed up.