2 down, 76 to go...

Emeraldgirl

Wow Temperlyne sign me up. Your art is amazing. I don't think that the nudity of the cards are at all an issue. It didn't even really register with me that they were nude as the images are just calling out to me as a whole and not segmented. Once again wow your deck is fantstic.

aaquwaa

temperlyne,
your cards are awesome.
love the hanged man as someone else said I usually don't like that card but he is gorgeous
can't wait to see more
aaquwaa

temperlyne

Temperline tarot?

Thnx for the lovely comments! Though initially this deck is for myself, it is very encouriging to hear that others enjoy the cards as well.
I wanted to finish the remaining majors in order but seem to get stuck on the emperor... I know what I want him to "say" , I'm just wrestling with the composition. So as not to waist my inspiration I'm going to finish the 4 aces first.
In the mean time I'm also working on a website to put my finished cards. I'm just pondering over a good name for my deck..I was thinking about just naming it temperlyne tarot. But temperlyne doesn't really mean anything, except to me. temperline however does exist. Do you think that might work? Temperline Tarot
A temperline is the marking on the side of blades that are hardened by reheating and cooling in oil (tempering). And I like the idea of a forged deck, besides my art usually shows lots of "lines".

FearfulSymmetry

Hi Temerlyne,

I love the cards you have done so far! Beautiful colors and they are so expressive, not stodgy at all. I like the idea of calling it Temperlyne (Temperline?) I think it's a nice name. I don't think it matters if your name is different or if the art is different than the norm, a little variety is a good thing! I think it is going to be an original and beautiful deck. Good luck with it!

Marie
(Mary-el tarot)

aaquwaa

temperlyne tarot
has a ring to it
I like it! :)
aaquwaa

temperlyne

FearfulSymmetry said:
Hi Temerlyne,

I love the cards you have done so far! Beautiful colors and they are so expressive, not stodgy at all. I like the idea of calling it Temperlyne (Temperline?) I think it's a nice name. I don't think it matters if your name is different or if the art is different than the norm, a little variety is a good thing! I think it is going to be an original and beautiful deck. Good luck with it!

Marie
(Mary-el tarot)

Oh My! This is such an honour, It was your magnificant and original artwork that inspired me to create my own deck Marie!

So Temperlyne Tarot it will be! The website might take a while, My lover is helping me but I'm not much help... my computer skills are completely nonexistent.

Anyway, I had to redo my original scetches for the aces because those were on canvas board and not only does the texture of the canvas show, I can't afford to do all my cards on canvas...I'm just a poor vetereinary student. (I don't even get a discount on my art supplies because I'm not in an art course..) The ace of cups had allready christalised into its final version so that one was easiest to redo. I changed it a bit, making the image a bit stronger I think.
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16485094/

Next will be the ace of pentacles, though I'm not sure I want to call them pentacles. I don't like coins either, but discs seems almost to easy... Ah well, since I dont have borders yet it doesn't really matter.

temperlyne

I finished the ace of pents, but it took me a long time. I tried to give it an earthen feel but I think I should redo this one some day. I feel the image is not as strong as I would have liked, probably because I rushed it in the end...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/16704388/

The minors are going to be even harder to do than the majors for some reason...But they do proove to be a chalange, which is great because I use this project to improve my overal artistic skills.

I was planning on doing the other 2 aces, but a great idea for the strenght card came up. I just had to abandon the "order" again. Maybe it is better to just follow my urges with this.
I hope to be back soon to show you the strenght card!

Emily

I think you are making a wonderfully expressive deck - I love your Empress card - its really sums up to me what the Empress means - fertility, the Mother, protecting. And your Priestess card - again very easy to see the wisdom, secrecy and mistery but well hidden behind the veil - Actually I've liked all of your cards but I picked on the Empress and Priestess because they are special to me. :)

And the colours you are using, vibrant but not over-bright - it does have the feel of the Thoth about it - I can't wait to see your other cards, and to see what direction you take the Minors and Courts. :)

Forgot to mention the name - Temperlyne Tarot - it does have a nice ring to it.

temperlyne

I'm a bit stuck at the moment, I'm working on strength but can't seem to finish it. I had a lot of inspiration but now it as a bit wailing... But than my lover surprised me last night. He had printed and laminated some of the finished cards and WOW WOW! It is just so amazing to hold your own cards, shuffle them en spread them. It made me see why I began this process and inspired me all over again. I would suggest to everyone making their own deck to print and laminate a few of the finished ones to just feel the magic of holding you own cards..!

Emily said:
I think you are making a wonderfully expressive deck - I love your Empress card - its really sums up to me what the Empress means - fertility, the Mother, protecting. And your Priestess card - again very easy to see the wisdom, secrecy and mistery but well hidden behind the veil - And the colours you are using, vibrant but not over-bright - it does have the feel of the Thoth about it - I can't wait to see your other cards, and to see what direction you take the Minors and Courts. :)

Thank you so much Emily! It is my intention to create an expressive deck with pictures that just speak for themselves. I want my cards to be simpel and effective. I love symbolic images but sometimes tarot cards tend to get a bit cluthered or artifical in an attemp to put as much symbology in it as possible. I hope I can avoid that and keep the images clean, clear and expressive.
I hope to finish something again soon!

temperlyne

Yeah! I managed to finish strenght.
This card to me is about controlling the wild beast within you. Not surpressing it, but charishing and cultivating it will give you control.
Let me know if it works for you!

http://www.deviantart.com/view/17173426/