William G. Gray's Qabalah

Bernice

I will soon have The Merlin Tarot (Amazon seller) and will see how these cards fit on the Tree (image-wise) as opposed to the Rider-Waite deck.

I'm really pleased that lelandras' web pages are still there.

Bee :)

Bernice

The deck has arrived!

It's the slipcase with Journal, Handbook and Cards. All in *very good* condition. As I also have books by William Gray, I'm pleased that this set extends Grays' approach to the Tree of Life.

Bernice

A little more delving in preparation of a 'trial' pathwork and I discover that I'm familiar with this assignment of the trumps & paths!

So after sorting through old (some very old) 'Tree' notes and diagrams I find that I've even done some work on this arrangment. It all came flooding back......

However my old notes included the popular hebrew path names/numbers, and the tarot deck used was a 'semi-Rider-Waite one'. Rather a mixed bag to have worked with :bugeyed:. But as there were 'results', it goes to prove that the Tree is just a structure, or as SlyR says, "The thing to remember about Kabalah is that it's a template to be superimposed over one's own Religious system, not a religion in itself. Therefore, it is perfectly reasonable to think that a non-GD interpretation is valid.". Although I wouldn't call the Tree a *religion*.

I'll have a go at the English Alphabet correspondences now. Has ayone else incorporated this?