6 Epées (Swords) - how may it be read?

jmd

The six is a beautiful and harmoniously balanced card. It seems to encourage the protection of the cutting within, perhaps, the equivalent of the enclosure of a small garden, allowing for the plant to retake root and grow anew.

Attached is the Hadar...

Attachments

• 6 E Hadar.jpg
    6 E Hadar.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 253

Moonbow

I get my feeling for this card from the flower itself. It's new and energetic and enjoying life. It's leaves are like 'arms' outspread with expression and a sense of freedom and it is completely at ease, feeling safe within the confines of the surrounding swords. The fact that it is a 'cut' flower doesn't seem to matter at this moment,as though it will find perfection, in good time.

The reading of this card would be very similar to how I see the flower. An expression of freedom, life, happiness and safety. Enjoy the moment before it changes into something unknown, but also to start to make plans towards the perfect state.

Jewel-ry

That bud is almost bursting open but something is holding it back.

Six is the number of peace, harmony and balance and in the swords I see this as having found a safe haven and not wanting to commit. Perhaps a hesitation, delaying or stalling. I see the leaves as arms too and a throwing up of the arms as if to say 'I don't know' or 'c'est la vie'.

This laid back approach could be interpreted as a laziness, putting something off or procrastination.

~

Kissa

6 is a feminine number, stable, passive.
between 5, the number of Man and 7, the number of God...
says a lot, doesn't it?

the flower is upwards, there is development, progression.

this flower will become the 7th sword in the next card, yet as it appears to be a bud on the verge of opening (yet very different from the d'epees cf: http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?s=&postid=384748 ), there is still some work needed before getting to see the actual flower. as 6 is feminine and passive, i think it is not really "work" that is needed but time, patience.

altogether, i very much agree with the previous ways of reading the card. i like Jewel-ry "C'est la vie" option a LOT :)

kissa

firemaiden

How does it compare to the four of swords? and the the eight?

Fulgour

firemaiden said:
How does it compare to the four of swords? and the the eight?
Four is reliable and Eight is organised, but Six is responsible.

tmgrl2

Four is the four directions in the material plane...the square, a foundation, manifestation.

Six...ithe six directions ...now including the above and below...so a card of earthly (four) manifestion and of spiritual (above and below-2) growth...transitions from the past to the future...and eight being an more solid focus (two 4's, a time of stablity, one which can be alluring but which still calls for advancement in order to reach the ten.

I see the Six d'Epees as a time when one realizes that adaptations must be made for further growth, it is more "youthful" a card to me than is the 8....decisions are still being made here, and depending upon the placement and the topic, could suggest that one must be careful about choices made in this stage, since it represents an earlier phase of development that an eight.

Positive, young in spirit, perhaps a time of artistic conception...but definitely one signaling movement from the past to the future...resolving old ways of thinking in order to move forward.

terri