Morgan Greer Favourite Card and Why?

Jewel-ry

Emily,

Do you think we can get Morgan Greer in UK in Italian? I too have thought of getting a duplicate deck here because mine is alreadly looking a little used and I've only had it a week. I know it will be my main reading deck. I've done more with this one than many of the others already. Italian would be really cool!

J

Sulis

If you go to the US Games site you can see all of the languages it comes in HERE

I like a deck to look used. I've had mine for about a month and it seems to be holding up quite well. I think maybe your deck could be faulty Thea. Luckily Morgan Greer is very easy to get hold of.

Love and light

Sulis xx

Moongold

This is the deck that I learned on as I didn't really like the Rider Waite initially.

There are many great images in this deck and the colours are superb. I have always really liked the High Priestess and the Queen of Wands. This was a hard choice though.

Thea Lynx

Hi Moongold,

Have you tried the Universal Waite? I too dislike the Rider deck, but because the colors are too harsh. I noticed someone in class using the Universal and the softness of the colors appealed to me - plus the difference in color actually makes some of the pictures take on a whole new aspect. I always use Universal in class and for study. You might just like it.

Thea

Moongold

Thanks Thea,

I don't mind the RWS now oddly enough. I might take your advice an have a look at the Universal however. Others have said the same as you.

Moongold

Emily

Hi Jewel-ry,

I've tried the Alida site and the Somerville site but they only sell the Morgan Greer in English. Although on Amazon UK I was a keystroke away from pre-ordering a used Italian one - they keep your request, like a pre-order, then let you know when they have one in. But it could take ages. I do remember going to another playing card site, Piatnik in Italy - they might sell them.
It not turning out as easy as I thought it was going to be lol :)

Edited to add:-
No just been to the Piatnik site, no Morgan Greer. I'm now wondering if US Games has a UK site, I think the postage would make the deck too expensive to ship from the States.

WalesWoman

I've been noticing Morgan-Greer being sold out at several sites, so I'm feeling glad I got them last June. Try a Google search perhaps?

My deck is holding up just fine, considering I use it just about everyday and my kids enjoy looking at it, matching cards with those in the book.

Another favorite 10 of Cups! Love the visual of the rainbow either flowing into the cup or radiating from it. And Two of Pentacles, Two of Cups, and, and, and...

Tallarico

I love the 8 of Cups, and The High Priestess. By now I think everyone know I LOVE KNIGHTS!!!

Emily

I love the Moon card in this deck too :- I think it's been coloured lovely, the bright large moon, the wolf and dog - drawn so that you can actually tell one from the other, the effect of the water ripples away from the purple lobster, the greenish/blue grass. The whole colouring of the card does make it appear night, its just right. :)

Jewel-ry

Hi everyone,

Emily, I love the moon card too, one of the things that draws me, apart from the colouring, is the way the lobster is drawn. You can actually see the depth of the water (depths of unconsciousness). In fact, the whole card has depth.

The Star, High Priestess, Queens of Swords and Pentacles and many of the cups cards are just brilliant. In fact, when I do a three card spread I often leave it out for a few hours and will look at it several times a day. This means that every day I seem to get new favourites!

J.