Tarot of the masters [Vacchetta]

Dancing Bear

Thanks !!
I actually found them already saved in an old back up disc i had..
I have printed them off and already glued them to card..
and raked out my old water colours..

while i paint them i will hunt around for some nice decoupage paper for backing..

I will probably eventually buy this deck it is too nice not to have..

I really like the original soft muted coloured deck
does anyone know where i can go to look at the full deck?

I want to know how the pips were coloured.. I have a fair idea about he courts and majors..
But the entire deck would be good to copy with the colouring..

Also with printing them myself i have lost the nice green border..its liek they are instantly trimmed. LOL!! I think i may use that nice green in every card somehow.. I will also go back over this thread as there are many symbols in this deck and woridn gi have absolutely no idea what they say LOL!

Thansk again for your help..

thinbuddha

The Meneghello version is all over ebay right now for about $40-$50. I used to have it, but traded it away some time back. I miss it, but I like the deck I got in trade better, so no harm done.

Neither the LS nor the Meneghello versions have the original clolring (which I believe was only black lines) so you might be best served making your own judgement as to how the coloring should be in your deck.

Dancing Bear

Yeh! thinbuddha after a bit of research.. I found out that they originally were black and white.. I was debating on whether to leave them that way..
But i think i like the LS colouring .. its nice and soft ...
I have a few colour prints offs.. all the glueing has dried so i am going to attempt to start colouring this deck..and probably start researching all the symbolism and wording in them ;)

Bernice

Dancing Bear: ......and probably start researching all the symbolism and wording in them
And then..... please do share your discoveries in this thread! New input is welcome.

Bee :)

thorhammer

DB - I, too, love the LS colouring of this deck. It's so soft and lush, but understated and dignified. I have the Il Meneghello version, as well, and . . . ick. I am considering selling it - it just cannot compare with the sheer beauty of the LS version!

I wish LS would re-release it in a big size :D My trimmed Master is rather wee :(

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Christine's posts at the start of the thread inspired me to go looking for the "Hypnerotomachia Poliphili" she mentioned, and I found the most awesome site:

http://www.mirroroftheworld.com.au/inspiration/printed/hypnerotomachia/pagebypage.php

You can turn the pages, bring up a movable magnifier, increase the size and zoom . . . and the parallels are striking. Not that it tells me much, being the Philistine that I am, but it's nice to look at, and fun to use :D

\m/ Kat

Bernice

Great find thorhammer! ...browsing... B.

Edit: Yes, the artwork is very, very, similar. I can only get half-way through the book though. (maybe that's all there is...)

Bee :)