Zigeuner Gypsy Tarot Tzigane

Wintergreen

Does anyone know anything about this deck?

I picked up a used copy at a flea market last week. I don't see anything about it on the AT site.

Wendywu

Do you mean the very large Sphinx Verlag edition that comes (came) in the black box, and the cards are about six inches tall? Or the mass market smaller edition?

Sergius Golowin used the deck in his book The World of the Tarot, which is still available on Amazon - that book might help you with the deck if you decided it was worth the outlay.

I have the Sphinx Verlag edition, and think it is a really good deck. A bit trippy for some, I know, but I kinda like trippy.....

Wintergreen

It's the smaller mass market edition.
The large edition would have been a fantastic find, but no such luck.

I'll look around for the book.

I like trippy too – that's exacly what appealed to me about it.

Wintergreen

Yes... looks very strange as well.
Right up my alley.

Wintergreen

Hi again Wendywu - thanks for the tip about the book and the Neuzeit. I've ordered both. I've done a couple of readings with the Gipsy and found them to be really interesting. I don't have the LWB, so I tried using the book from the Mary El as a guide (I'm a total noob to reading) with surprisingly accurate results.

Bhavana

Ha, I just mentioned the Neuzit on the "underrated decks" thread. I just love that little deck, use it all the time. Didn't know that the Tzigane gypsy deck was the same artist....it was on I think Etsy last year at a really cheap price, and I regret not getting it when I could!

Wintergreen

I'm looking forward to comparing the two. Apparently Wegmuller made a rock album which was the inspiration for the Tsigane. I've been trying to find this as well. He sounds like a strange character.

The Happy Squirrel

Do you mean the very large Sphinx Verlag edition that comes (came) in the black box, and the cards are about six inches tall? Or the mass market smaller edition?

Sergius Golowin used the deck in his book The World of the Tarot, which is still available on Amazon - that book might help you with the deck if you decided it was worth the outlay.

I have the Sphinx Verlag edition, and think it is a really good deck. A bit trippy for some, I know, but I kinda like trippy.....

Hi Wendywu, I have just started another thread to ask this question, then spotted this thread, so I thought I should post the question here too: is the majors in this deck slightly more muted in their colouring compared to the minors? I am trying to establish if my deck has faded majors or whether they are designed that way...... Thanks in advance!!!

G6

This deck is awesome!!! Get the book too!!! MoonGypsy told me about it called, "The World of Tarot: The Gypsy Method of Reading the Tarot" by Sergius Golowin. It's the companion book for the deck. You can find it used for a good price. Enjoy!