Crystal Study Group discussion thread

Padma

Thumbs up from me on starting a crystal study thread - love the topic :)

Empath, please join us with your observations, or start a study thread of your own! :) you are more than welcome to join us!

And DownwardS, yes, that is a good idea - we can start doing combo threads maybe when we have enough single study threads! It is a good idea to discover, through experience, which work best together, and for what. I know there was a thread in here about the ones that DON'T work well in here that kind of died for lack of interest, I will resurrect it with a post and we can chat about some of our observations there - maybe Hemera will have ideas about how to make that thread more useful :)

Also, I have a crystal bible by Cassandra Eason that is very useful, and I will also be getting the one by Judith Hall that Pam O was telling me about. Seems there is a ton of good info in that book. Mine is pretty good as well, but hey, the more info, the better! :D

DownwardS, did you note Empath's lovely 111? :) loL!

DownwardSpiral

OMG Lotus LOL.....everytime I see a post from Empath111 that word Empath stares me right in the eye.

wildchilde

DownwardSpiral said:
OMG Lotus LOL.....everytime I see a post from Empath111 that word Empath stares me right in the eye.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! You two are sooo funny! I love reading your posts and your bantering back and forth! :) Thanks for the smiles and giggles!!

DownwardSpiral said:
I've read about crystals and what they are supposed to do/be good for etc. And then I've read about cleansing, programming, charging and it makes you wonder .....do I really need to do all that?
With the Angelite and the Labradorite I've learned that you can be very specific in asking a crystal what you want from it. Hahaha and then prepare to be busy.

As to cleansing...I think it depends on the crystal and on you. I do smudge pretty much daily but that is for me not necessarily the crystals. And think if you protect your stones and let them come out to play every once in awhile they are happy...pretty much all of them can be 'cleansed' with a good dose of sun or moon light (depending on the stone) so there really isn't any need for "hocus pocus" (unless you are into that kinda thing <GRIN>)

Because I am a Reiki Master I am deliberately NOT charging my stones at this time because I want to know them for who/what they are and what they can do. Once we get acquainted then hopefully they will wish to assist in healing both myself and others by being bearers of Reiki as well. They are already part of the universal spirit so I don't really feel the need to "program" them...I think likely it is the other way around ;)

The issue of "intention" though is something that I am still learning about and utilizing on a case by case basis. For my "study" stones I am not using intention at this time because I feel like it might interfere with what the stone has come to teach me. But for some personal stones (or ones I haven't yet put into the study rotation), I have had great success with placing intention. Especially with citrine and aventurine (I always want to put a d before the v LOL) if you know what I mean...excellent prosperity stones :) if you let them know that is what you expect!

DS, I laughed out loud when you said "prepare to be busy"! because these little beauties definitely wish to give us what we ask for and will amplify that request to try and make it happen for us (whatever "it" is).

DownwardSpiral said:
it would be fun to eventually start combining the crystals as there are suggestions there depending on what specifically you are trying to acheive. Also not sure if you've noticed but some of the crystals have suggestions on what to combine them with for a milder effect if they are too strong.

yeah, I think that is going to come in handy :) I think we should all probably remember to periodically "ground" ourselves with either another type of stone or by some other means we are comfortable with.

I agree though that the ability to understand the offering of each crystal and what can be achieved with combinations of certain combinations is quite exciting and definitely a reason I am doing these studies. I am fascinated by grids (but have not tried any yet--I want to know a lot more first). And I am fascinated by some of the naturally occuring combinations -- I am currently dying to get an Amertine! I think the crystals have a way of "requesting" their own combinations too. I have a set of chakra cleansers someone recently sent me as a gift and when I lay them all out together they really bring a lot of peace and joy!

Crystals are so much fun! Yet I am also trying not to be too eager and move too fast...rushing through and not "getting" the big picture. It is so hard to not rush because I love them all and want to get to know each one! :) AND I want MORE and MORE and MORE (yippeee!!!)

Padma

BWAHAHAHAHA!! You two are sooo funny! I love reading your posts and your bantering back and forth! :) Thanks for the smiles and giggles!!

Thanks! We aim to please :laugh: lol!

They are already part of the universal spirit so I don't really feel the need to "program" them...I think likely it is the other way around ;)

See? THis is what I thought! The crystals choose US and not the other way around - I have always strongly had this feeling - I think they work through us, and not us working through them lol! Nice to see a Reiki Master backing me up! :D

The issue of "intention" though is something that I am still learning about and utilizing on a case by case basis. For my "study" stones I am not using intention at this time because I feel like it might interfere with what the stone has come to teach me. But for some personal stones (or ones I haven't yet put into the study rotation), I have had great success with placing intention. Especially with citrine and aventurine (I always want to put a d before the v LOL) if you know what I mean...excellent prosperity stones :) if you let them know that is what you expect!

lol I have always wanted to spell it "Adventurine" as well! I have used that crystal in the past to some effect - but, I have also used Oro Verde to GREAT effect - I wore a ring with it for a week, told it to bring me what I needed, and suddenly I was getting free offers and winning things and that kind of stuff. :) I should have bought a lottery ticket! lol...the ring is currently in the repair shop, but I will wear it again when it comes back, and see what happens!

In regard to stones of intention, the Alexandrite I am working with is one of these stones - and it does work, though not the same way Oro Verde does...

I agree though that the ability to understand the offering of each crystal and what can be achieved with combinations of certain combinations is quite exciting and definitely a reason I am doing these studies. I am fascinated by grids (but have not tried any yet--I want to know a lot more first).

Can you explain a little more about the grids, WildC? I have not seen/heard of that, and would love to know more! :)

And I am fascinated by some of the naturally occuring combinations -- I am currently dying to get an Amertine! I think the crystals have a way of "requesting" their own combinations too. I have a set of chakra cleansers someone recently sent me as a gift and when I lay them all out together they really bring a lot of peace and joy!

Ametrine is lovely, lovely, to wear - it is peaceful and it is strong and optimistic ;) not to mention simply beautiful...I also believe the stones "tell" me what other crystal they want to work with - for instance, the Alexandrite loves Garnet, and the Vesuvianite loves to work with Labradorite!

Crystals are so much fun! Yet I am also trying not to be too eager and move too fast...rushing through and not "getting" the big picture. It is so hard to not rush because I love them all and want to get to know each one! :) AND I want MORE and MORE and MORE (yippeee!!!)

I have been collecting for a long time, and I feel the same way - always want more of them, because they just feel lovely! If I could live inside a crystal, I would! lol :) I am definitely a Stone Child...seems we all are!

Minotauro

As to cleansing...I think it depends on the crystal and on you. I do smudge pretty much daily but that is for me not necessarily the crystals. And think if you protect your stones and let them come out to play every once in awhile they are happy...pretty much all of them can be 'cleansed' with a good dose of sun or moon light (depending on the stone) so there really isn't any need for "hocus pocus" (unless you are into that kinda thing <GRIN>)

Because I am a Reiki Master I am deliberately NOT charging my stones at this time because I want to know them for who/what they are and what they can do. Once we get acquainted then hopefully they will wish to assist in healing both myself and others by being bearers of Reiki as well. They are already part of the universal spirit so I don't really feel the need to "program" them...I think likely it is the other way around ;)

DS, I laughed out loud when you said "prepare to be busy"! because these little beauties definitely wish to give us what we ask for and will amplify that request to try and make it happen for us (whatever "it" is).

yeah, I think that is going to come in handy :) I think we should all probably remember to periodically "ground" ourselves with either another type of stone or by some other means we are comfortable with.

I agree though that the ability to understand the offering of each crystal and what can be achieved with combinations of certain combinations is quite exciting and definitely a reason I am doing these studies. I am fascinated by grids (but have not tried any yet--I want to know a lot more first). And I am fascinated by some of the naturally occuring combinations -- I am currently dying to get an Amertine! I think the crystals have a way of "requesting" their own combinations too. I have a set of chakra cleansers someone recently sent me as a gift and when I lay them all out together they really bring a lot of peace and joy!

we should probably make a thread specificly for crystal grids , there are so many questions I have about those , never used one ,I like this study groups a lot haha

DownwardSpiral

@ wildchilde.....who would of thought crystals could be so demanding LOL!!!!!

as for that word empath.....it wasn't so funny when a funeral line? was passing by and I suddenly felt very emotional and started getting tears in my eyes....and I had no idea who died or who these people where. As if my own emotions aren't bad enough : )

I thought there WAS a D after the A : )

I've heard of crystal grids but have never used? tried? one. My poor little crystals have to sit in their labeled bags just so I know what they are.

And Minotauro......I am so happy you joined us : )

Well in the case of the crystals choosing us.....hahaha that explains how that ugly crystal got in my possession LOL If there's a shop around here I'm not aware of it. I would LOVE to be able to walk into a store and pick up the crystals and find one that wants to come home with me : )

Empath111

Empath, please join us with your observations, or start a study thread of your own! :) you are more than welcome to join us!

And DownwardS, yes, that is a good idea - we can start doing combo threads maybe when we have enough single study threads! It is a good idea to discover, through experience, which work best together, and for what. I know there was a thread in here about the ones that DON'T work well in here that kind of died for lack of interest, I will resurrect it with a post and we can chat about some of our observations there - maybe Hemera will have ideas about how to make that thread more useful :)

Also, I have a crystal bible by Cassandra Eason that is very useful, and I will also be getting the one by Judith Hall that Pam O was telling me about. Seems there is a ton of good info in that book. Mine is pretty good as well, but hey, the more info, the better! :D

DownwardS, did you note Empath's lovely 111? :) loL!

I missed this post :) You will have to let me know how it's staring you in the eye
EMPATH
LOL
and the 111
actually the 111 is my b-day - jan. 11th. :)
So thank you- I will check out a crystal and see what I can pull up. Sounds like fun.
xo

DownwardSpiral

OMG LOL there's that word again : ) That is so cool about the 1/11 being your birthday : )

My birthday is 9/9 : )

Empath111

OMG LOL there's that word again : ) That is so cool about the 1/11 being your birthday : )

My birthday is 9/9 : )

EMPATH!!
LOL
9/9 is very cool.

So get this...my friend who was born on 11/11 was born AT 11:00!
Freaky, huh?
I was more excited for her 11/11/11 b-day last year than I was my own! LOL