What's your favourite crystal/gem/precious stone!!

Crystelle

My favorite is Rose Quartz

Followed by: Moonstone, Amethyst,and Turqouise/Topaz.

mollykins74

my favourites are rose quartze and amethist

Naudia

Hello everyone;

My favorite stone is amber even though it is not really a stone. I have a chip bead necklace which I recently made completely of Baltic amber. And like my Dominican amber teardrop pendant and Balic amber ring I am not planning to take it off. I have had my pendant on since July 12, 2003. That same night I met my fiance in the resort I was staying at during my vacation. He was the first person to see it on me. I did put a spell of protection and beauty on it but not love. I guess that night the Fates and Fortuna where in my favor. My Baltic ring I bought at the county fair the day of my birthday on March 18 of this year. Coincidently, that was the same day I was released from the hospital for gastrointestional problems. The ring is on my dominant right hand on my middle finger. It is constant reminder to keep my solar plexus open. And my newest piece, the Baltic amber chip necklace I made on the fifteenth of this month. I have had a bit of trouble with balance and decisiveness lately. I am actually planning to make a set of runes with tumbled amber pieces in the near future.

Other stones that catch my eye are coral, jade, and moonstone. Unfortunately all new red, pink, and orange coral are all dyed and are actually white coral. I love their meanings as well and the color of these crystals.

Hopefully I haven't bored you too death.

May the Gods bless you and yours.

Naudia.

Leleii

My favorite stones are:

I love the pink stones: Manocalacite, Rose Quartz and Pink Tourmaline.
I like moldavite, celestite - the only blue stone that I really like,
moonstone, garnets and emeralds. Oh! I wish I had a emerald ring or earrings and rubies. I want a ruby eternity band ring with diamonds and I like amber.
I have a lot of amber jewelry. It is such a warm stone., even though it 's not a stone..
Many Blessings..

CandyApple

I love all different kinds of stones.

One of my favorite is Watermelon Tourmaline. I have a pendant I wear all the times. It aids in comunitcation and lends a bit to protection.

I also love kyanite (sp). I prefer blue but I have a few nice pieces of green.

Those are the two I used almost daily.

annik

Personnally, I like two : Obsidian and lapis-lazuli. I am taking a jewelry class right now. We have two project and the second project will be a pendant with a stone. I choosed an lapis and it is more beautiful real than on pictures. I have two obsidian. One is shaped as an arrowhead and the other one is in a square shape. The one in a square shape is a snowflakes obsidian.

chrestomancie

My favorite stones are many.

The main ones are:
Bloodstone
Hematite
Goldstone
Citrine
Garnet (my birthstone)
Shiva Lingham (I don't go anywhere without this stone)
Fire Agate
Tekite
Ruby in Fuschite
and......
Rhodocrosite

a_shikhs

My favourite stones are amethyst, clear quartz, rose quartz and hematite..
But my all time favourite is amethyst. i have a beautiful amethyst pyramid. i use it for meditation and for cleaning my tarot cards. Sometimes i leave it with my cards to energize them. Actually i love anything purple..hehe

sharpchick

Bluemanticore said:
Anybody else find it interesting how malachite and/or amethyst tend to show up on so many people's lists of favorite stones?

That is interesting, since malachite is tied with selenite for me also.

einhverfr

Just one?

If I had to pick one stone, it would be the red spinel. Historically they were just sold as rubies and indeed some of the most famous rubies in the world are spinels (including two among the English crown jewels). Unfortunately it is much more rare, but since it doesn't have the marketing potential that rubies have you can often get them for less than a comparable ruby would cost. And they are extremely beautiful.

However... Different stones for different lights. Something that looks stunning under one light will look mediocre in another. I have yet to find a gem more beautiful in sunlight than yellow zircon, nor one more amazing by firelight than red garnet. I also have a wide range of other stones including most of those that people have mentioned here (there are a few I am missing including rubies, sapphires, blue diamonds and others).

In the following colors I also have general favorites:
Blue: Blue zircon or topaz.
Green: Tsavorite

If I had to choose a single stone, however it would be a different stone of a type not mentioned. I have an emerald-cut rhodolite garnet. It is very long and narrow (11mm x 5.5mm) and right smack dab in the middle is an inclusion that runs almost exactly vertically in the stone the stone. The inclusion (actually a fracture) has the effect of reflecting light back to the facets. This provides an effect that is very hard to decribe. At first, I thought that it was sort tacky and I didn't like it at all, but there is something that is very beautiful about this specific inclusion.