If you had to choose only one book on learning the tarot, what would it be?

rubyalison

I'm going to change my response to the book I just acquired - Holistic Tarot by Benebell Wen. It has so much and I like her approach.

Laurelle

This may sound odd, but I bought my first deck about 20 years ago. I never looked at a book until recently.

You can teach yourself tarot. You just need to look at the pictures. What do they tell you?

Then line them up and let each one tell you a story. The fool's journey ..... And a story for each suit.

The pictures are very helpful.

ana luisa

This may sound odd, but I bought my first deck about 20 years ago. I never looked at a book until recently.

You can teach yourself tarot. You just need to look at the pictures. What do they tell you?

Then line them up and let each one tell you a story. The fool's journey ..... And a story for each suit.

The pictures are very helpful.

A kindred spirit! I only read my first Tarot/Lenormand book 36 years after I started "playing" with the cards (my first deck was a Blue Owl I inherited ). I also believe images are CRUCIAL :)

foolMoon

Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards

I had that book, and I cannot honestly recommend it unless you don't mind spending a lot of time searching through the index or the book itself to look up information on a specific card, because they are not presented in order. There is a logic to the order they are presented in, but I found I could not get used to it, and that it seemed quite unnecessary. I found something about the way it was written was annoying, perhaps aimed at younger people? (I can't put my finger on what it was).

I sold the book after spending quite a lot of time trying to use it. It does have some good information in it, but I've found other, better books for the price. I don't recall it including much about intuitive approaches.

Have a good look at it at a bookstore before you invest. It might work for you, different people like different approaches.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Around-Taro...F8&qid=1427622824&sr=8-3&keywords=marcus+katz

I found this book ok actually. I can see your point on having difficulty in searching for particular cards in the book. But they are based on Tree of Life, Sephiroth attribution on each cards in Qabalah.

The book title should have been 78 cards in Qabalistic attibution or something. If one is interested in Qabala aspects & foundation of Tarot, then this is an excellent book, I feel.

Chiska

Rachel Pollack 78 paths of wisdom. That was the most useful book, besides the book of thoth.