wooden tarot

donnalee

It's beautiful, I LOVE the World, and the Tower.
The Sun card freaks me out to no end though.

Hmm, yeah, The Sun is strange--and the weird eyeball bird guys in draft confuse me too. The rest of the deck looks attractive though. In general it is very nice work--I enjoy seeing people actually making decks with actual art!

The Happy Squirrel

Interesting about the elements. From the shapes, I also went the same way initially.... The artist's choice make sense I guess, stones can be used to create fire and bones often described as returning to earth.

GlitterNova

Those cards are really beautiful. The Sun and Judgment cards freak me out a bit, though. Something about the mutant animals. It's funny what people find scary, I have no problems with the Deviant Moon but I probably wouldn't be able to use this deck.

Reyan

Holy wow; I'm pretty sure I glanced at this deck back when it was majors only and was like meh, but I have no idea why now. It looks really stunning! Somewhat unsettling - Exactly what I'm always looking for in a deck! Really need to get my hands on this one.

I'm not sure that I understand the "stones" suit - since it seems to be dominated by horns? Horns is a little closer to wands as well, so I don't see why the suit isn't called horns. Can anyone enlighten me?

darkbookworm13

Holy wow; I'm pretty sure I glanced at this deck back when it was majors only and was like meh, but I have no idea why now. It looks really stunning! Somewhat unsettling - Exactly what I'm always looking for in a deck! Really need to get my hands on this one.

I'm not sure that I understand the "stones" suit - since it seems to be dominated by horns? Horns is a little closer to wands as well, so I don't see why the suit isn't called horns. Can anyone enlighten me?

I think it is because this suit is meant to represent Fire/Wands with horns made of red crystal points. I don't have the full deck, but my Ace of Stones is a Moth perched on a red crystal point cluster growing out of rocks like flames.

The Happy Squirrel

I wonder if stones = wands / batons = fire = aries = Rams

condensingdust

I think one reason the suit is called "stones" is so that it rhymes with "bones" (which are pentacles - because bones being of the earth/physical realm). Same that "plumes" (swords - since feathers go through air?) and "blooms" (cups - because blooms can hold water?) rhyme with each other. It is confusing though because antlers/horns are technically bones, but illustrated on the stones suit. But they are brown in color, which makes them look wooden/like wands. And stones are forged in fire/pressure...so related to the element of the suit.