Wildwood?

Madrigal

I recently purchased this deck after having the app for about a year. I have grown into the deck and am finding it resonant. Like a previous poster I, too, have tended to approach it on its own terms rather than overlaying the traditional tarot meanings on the cards. I have found my relationship with the cards deepens this way.

I came across a great blog by a woman who spent a year with the cards : http://www.priestesstarot.co.uk/tag/wildwood/

Whoever mentioned the discrepancy between the cards and the book description, thank you! I couldn't figure out why things didn't match up. Now I know :)

feynrir

Rebought and it's improved?!

Hi there!

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience, and just throwing it out there in general:

Just received my second copy of the Wildwood Tarot, after having traded my first copy away about a year ago. I have to say, this copy is a much better quality print! The colors seem brighter than I remember. And they definitely are cut more evenly (the two halves are exactly the same this time! Yay!) and the book is also higher quality binding. Not that I care much about the book, because other than the spreads and Court explanations it is perfectly useless IMO.

I am very excited to get reacquainted with this deck. I missed it more than I'd anticipated.

Little Hare

Hi there!

Wondering if anyone else has had this experience, and just throwing it out there in general:

Hi
I have this deck and it is definately one of my go to decks. I like it because it makes me work for what is in the cards like any soul searching, spiritual work should. Like Nisaba I find it more appropriate to scry into the images. Also a great deck for doing magic and spell work.

Essence of Winter

Hi there!

Just received my second copy of the Wildwood Tarot, after having traded my first copy away about a year ago. I have to say, this copy is a much better quality print! The colors seem brighter than I remember. And they definitely are cut more evenly (the two halves are exactly the same this time! Yay!) and the book is also higher quality binding. Not that I care much about the book, because other than the spreads and Court explanations it is perfectly useless IMO.

I am very excited to get reacquainted with this deck. I missed it more than I'd anticipated.

I think there might be more than one publisher printing the Wildwood; I think there is a US and a UK version IIRC. It's a bit like the situation with the Lost Tarot of Nostradamus - that is printed by Tuttles and by Connexions, the Connexions version apparently being of higher quality.

gregory

I think there might be more than one publisher printing the Wildwood; I think there is a US and a UK version IIRC. It's a bit like the situation with the Lost Tarot of Nostradamus - that is printed by Tuttles and by Connexions, the Connexions version apparently being of higher quality.

I don't buy that, BECAUSE I met Caitlin and we were talking about their Steampunk - which I had just ordered and got the publisher I hadn't expected (Tuttle, in the UK) and she said everything is PRINTED in the same place; they just come under different publishers. So....

Essence of Winter

I don't buy that, BECAUSE I met Caitlin and we were talking about their Steampunk - which I had just ordered and got the publisher I hadn't expected (Tuttle, in the UK) and she said everything is PRINTED in the same place; they just come under different publishers. So....

There have been discussions here where people have both versions and claimed there is a difference. The box for the Lost Tarot of Nostradamus has a different colour insert depending on which publisher printed it so they are not exactly the same set.

pumog

I love the wildwood despite its cartoony moments. My main criticism is that the book is totally unusable - the meanings are so vague and bizarre that I have rely 100% on intuition. Also for some odd reason I just cannot shuffle it! Other than that I do love it.

gregory

There have been discussions here where people have both versions and claimed there is a difference. The box for the Lost Tarot of Nostradamus has a different colour insert depending on which publisher printed it so they are not exactly the same set.
I know. But I am sure Caitlin knows where her decks are printed - and we did also talk about the others she's done. It's the card quality people mention, not the inserts - and this happens here with Lo Scarabeo decks as well - people will say the Llewellyn ones have thinner card stock - and Ric came on here and said unequivocally that they are ALL printed together, that it would be financial insanity to do it any other way.

ana luisa

Maybe it's our perceptions that make them feel/look different. It reminds me of the Three blind men and the elephant story...

gregory

Maybe it's our perceptions that make them feel/look different. It reminds me of the Three blind men and the elephant story...
No doubt. There are many here who loathe Llewellyn, so... and even more who have it in for LoS though so...

But as a psychiatrist I knew once pointed out - our perceptions are all we have....