VAMPIRE TAROT BY PLACE...who wants a pocket size?

greatdane

I emailed Robert Place about just the possibility of a pocket size Vampire Tarot. Love the deck, hard for me to shuffle.

SO IF YOU WISH to have a pocket size Vampire Tarot (I'm not even asking him about a TIN, that would be nifty, but my hope is just for a smaller deck).

I have attached both his emails to me below:

I could publish it myself in the future if there is enough of an audience that is willing to buy it. I would need about 2,000 customers to make it payoff.

Yes, You can quote me. But another consideration is that I would have to get a letter from St. Martins saying that the deck is out of print and I have the right to publish another edition.

MoonGypsy

i would LOVE a pocket Vampire ...i also have all kinds of imagery
going around in my head regarding possible different cool types of tins...
[coffin shaped, etc....] for me to look for...as i doubt if the deck will come
in a tin...but one can dream...:p
i would be more than happy to have a pocket Vampire in a small box.
i trimmed my big deck a few months back and edged it in black,
and now it so much easier to handle...
It would be extra nice if something could happen in time
for this next Samhain...
but...a lot of enthusiasm will have to be generated
in a fairly short amount of time...

greatdane

Fingers crossed, MoonGypsy!

Just something I wanted to ask about. I DO love this deck and just thought couldn't hurt to ask. Hey, only takes a minute or less to write and send an email!

I wouldn't care if it came in a paper bag, as long as it was a pocket, borderless, rounded deck :)

greatdane

so there are a whopping two of us?

No one else wants a smaller, rounded, borderless Vampire Tarot?

Out of all my decks, this is the one I MOST could use even smaller (it was trimmed by a kind ATer).

Catmoon

I love the artwork of R.Place and it's the only deck I have from him, but never used it...
Too big and too bricky for my tinny hands, would love an affordable pocket deck even if in a paper bag ;)
Could you post picks of your bordered decks in trimmed thread please, I'm seriously considering trimming and rounding mine...

Girl Archer

Count me in :D

Count me in! I have his Alchemical Tarot, and would absolutely love a mini/pocket sized Vampire Deck by R. Place. The deck alone is worth the price. The indepth richness of the meaning and the novelty would just be an addition. (A coffin-shaped box might be fun ;) but I'd buy it even without any fancy shaped tins)

FLizarraga

In a TIN! :D

MoonGypsy

In a TIN! :D

That would be the icing on the cake...
but i am totally willing to look for a tin, if need be...
i just sooooo want a pocket sized
with NOOOOOOO borders...:)

Even if it doesn't have a box...

FLizarraga

I actually thought this was just another poll, and only now took the time to read your first post, GD. That is wonderful news! And kudos to you for contacting Place.

So yes, I would be in for real. I love that deck, despite its horrible, horrible cardstock. Even the gigantic borders and the fanged corners didn't bother me, since I trimmed it anyway.

The tin is probably too much to ask, but I'm sure that will be easily remedied, like MoonGypsy pointed out.