I need a children's deck

gorgeousbutterfly

criteria

This is for a 11 year old. I need a rider based deck preferably or one that has deeper esoteric symbolism. I do not like the devil, tower or 10 of swords in most decks even the ones that are considered "soft" I am talking about hanson roberts deck. So far this has not been an easy task. Any recommendation will be great. I would also like all the cards to have as much imagery as possible.. so far i'm looking at the moon garden tarot but my only issue is some of the cards lack imagery (10 of staffs, 9 of staffs etc)

Rayo

How about the Tarot Nova?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/nova/

It's quite childlike, colorful, with gentle images, but it's still perfectly readable and rider waite based. The cards on the regular size are also pretty sturdy so it's good for kids and stands a lot of use.

Yelell

How about the gummy bear tarot? It follows the rider imagery closely, and the English one appears to come in a sturdy tin.

Madrigal

Inner Child cards--this is actually a Tarot deck.
Whimsical Tarot
Tarot of White Cats

feynrir

Joie de Vivre is a masterpiece as a reading deck, as far as I'm concerned :) And it certainly has a childlike whimsy to it, very mischievous yet sweet.

Rabbit Tarot could be good, though its meanings are not very traditional. I find it best as an intuitive read, and kids could easily tell stories with it.

And the Ceccoli! (JUST KIDDING)

gorgeousbutterfly

Inner Child cards--this is actually a Tarot deck.
Whimsical Tarot
Tarot of White Cats

I was thinking tarot of the white cats, but how would you explain the devil card to a 11 year old?? its a scary card. I just do not even want the devil in there, LOL.

feynrir

Joie de Vivre is a masterpiece as a reading deck, as far as I'm concerned :) And it certainly has a childlike whimsy to it, very mischievous yet sweet.

Rabbit Tarot could be good, though its meanings are not very traditional. I find it best as an intuitive read, and kids could easily tell stories with it.

And the Ceccoli! (JUST KIDDING)

Drugelis

My daughter has the Mystical Cats and likes it a lot.

beautifulbooks

Another vote for Joie de Vivre

Joie de Vivre ;) Beautiful and just a little edgy --- lots of little details to notice!