Tarot Agni Roerich

G6

Hello All! :)

I am wondering who has this deck and what you can tell me about it? Specifically I am wondering if this deck is a good reader as I know the artist's paintings are used for the majors and pips. Is it a hard deck to read because the paintings are unrelated scenes to RWS? I really like the imagery, however I am concerned about whether or not it will make sense for me as a practical tarot deck.

I'm not finding any reviews online, so I appreciate your insights on this deck, thanks! :)

Madrigal

I don't own this deck....yet. But I've been a Roerich lover for a couple of decades now and this deck has intrigued me since I found it online awhile back. I've had his 'Mother of the World' picture gracing my home for years now. Based on what I've experienced of his art if you're looking for 'practical' this probably isn't the deck to go for. The images are sublime, mystical, evocative, the renderings of an awakened mind. They invite you to drop beneath the polarities of name and form, into the ocean of a different kind of awareness. They are both subtle and pithy. Were I to buy this deck it would be less to read it Tarot-wise and more to sink into the images, which transcend any kind of system. From what I've seen online it is a stunning deck.

G6

I don't own this deck....yet. But I've been a Roerich lover for a couple of decades now and this deck has intrigued me since I found it online awhile back. I've had his 'Mother of the World' picture gracing my home for years now. Based on what I've experienced of his art if you're looking for 'practical' this probably isn't the deck to go for. The images are sublime, mystical, evocative, the renderings of an awakened mind. They invite you to drop beneath the polarities of name and form, into the ocean of a different kind of awareness. They are both subtle and pithy. Were I to buy this deck it would be less to read it Tarot-wise and more to sink into the images, which transcend any kind of system. From what I've seen online it is a stunning deck.

I know, it is beautiful. I love the imagery too. :) I'm just wondering if it is strictly an "art" deck or what people get out of reading with it? If anyone has it I'd love to hear your experience with reading with this deck. Thanks! :)

gregory

I have it - not read with it yet and it isn't with me. I will try it out when I get back to the UK - remind me to tell you !

Madrigal

I know, it is beautiful. I love the imagery too. :) I'm just wondering if it is strictly an "art" deck or what people get out of reading with it? If anyone has it I'd love to hear your experience with reading with this deck. Thanks! :)

goldenVI, your thread has been somewhat enabling :eek: Oh, I'm close to clicking submit on this one but for the price. If I do buy I'll let you know how it reads.

G6

goldenVI, your thread has been somewhat enabling :eek: Oh, I'm close to clicking submit on this one but for the price. If I do buy I'll let you know how it reads.

Uh-oh, sorry about that, lol! Yes, keep me posted if you do get it and how it reads, thanks! :)

G6

I have it - not read with it yet and it isn't with me. I will try it out when I get back to the UK - remind me to tell you !

Yes, yes!!! Let us know!!! :)

Madrigal

Uh-oh, sorry about that, lol! Yes, keep me posted if you do get it and how it reads, thanks! :)

It's on its way all the way from Bulgaria, I believe. The price with shipping was 'good enough' cough, cough...a lot less than the prices I'd seen quoted in threads I'd searched here to do with this deck. But still, a little steep :rolleyes:

It'll take a few weeks to get here no doubt but I'll post when it does. Though your thread did enable me today, it is a deck that's been sitting in my awareness for a while now, one that I knew I wanted someday because of my love of Roerich's art. It just so happens that 'someday' was today :D

G6

It's on its way all the way from Bulgaria, I believe. The price with shipping was 'good enough' cough, cough...a lot less than the prices I'd seen quoted in threads I'd searched here to do with this deck. But still, a little steep :rolleyes:

It'll take a few weeks to get here no doubt but I'll post when it does. Though your thread did enable me today, it is a deck that's been sitting in my awareness for a while now, one that I knew I wanted someday because of my love of Roerich's art. It just so happens that 'someday' was today :D

Yes, I think I know which one you are talking about on Ebay? I tried putting in an offer and it rejected it 3 times for close to the asking price. I don't get why some Ebayers do that, is it a psychological sales trick like buying a car if they waste enough of your time you'll just pay sticker price?

Anyhoo, let me know how it reads and it is a beautiful deck either way. :) Here's the link for a museum of his work in New York if you haven't seen this website?

http://www.roerich.org

mydearruby

It's on its way all the way from Bulgaria, I believe. The price with shipping was 'good enough' cough, cough...a lot less than the prices I'd seen quoted in threads I'd searched here to do with this deck. But still, a little steep

Can I ask if you made the order from tarotbg.eu? I am not sure whether this is a reliable website but they do have a couple of decks I have been eyeing for some time.