It's Time for the "Would you Rather" Game! :-)

HuskyChariot

Mibramig... For reasons not fully considered, but on immediate emotional reaction. The characters seem more immediate, more accessible, less cold. And yes, funnier :)

Dammit.... now I wants it.

Achlys

The Tarot of the Magical Forest, hands down. The imagery speaks to me more, it has a lovely, whimsical, darker feel to it, and oh my god the art reminds me of the show Courage the Cowardly Dog and I loved that show...I actually have all the episodes taped :laugh:

dancing_moon

It's Magical Forest for me. Like Feynrir said, it has that special atmosphere, slightly misty, dreamy. It can be warm or cold, dry or moist, depending on the card, but it always has that quality of fresh air. I could swear I can feel the smell of grass and field flowers heated by August sun in the Strength card or hear frosty cracking of snow under the Hermit's steps. :bugeyed: And no, those eyes don't bother me. :D

Nina*

Magical Forest FOR SURE! It's been in my top 10 ever since it came out (also before it was published by LS). I absolutely adore that deck.

And I really really don't like the Mibramig.

Le Fanu

Mibramig. For reasons I don't understand, one of the Magical Forest cards made me cry (and I am the complete opposite of an emotional weepy creature).
I wonder which one it was? I do think the Foxes in this deck are the sweetest,most melancholy creatures. Those big eyes and mournful snouts.

It's funny, I had high hopes of the Mibramig and the artwork really is lovely but something holds me back. I'm not a mega-fan of the Magical Forest to be honest - I have had it twice and now don't use it - but I think it has more feeling. The Mibramig doesn't really let me in. Lovely, funny but somehow unapproachable - for all its cuteness. I like its strangeness but I cannot imagine reading for someone with it. There is something remote about it. But I do like the artwork.

ldiddy

I've been eyeing Magical Forest for a while. I would definitely choose it over the other.

MissChiff

Magical forest...actually it's pretty close to the Rider..scene for scene. And it's cute...

gregory

Magical Forest. There is something Special and Different about it. I love the Mibramig too - but the Magical Forest comes out ahead. It THINKS, too }) And the expressions on the faces :love: Look at that Sun :love:

I have the original AND the LoS version - that's how much I love it.

You're on a buying kick again, aren't you, goldenVI....Surreptitiously asking advice...

jillkite

Magical Forest wins for me, prefer it's colourfulness and smileyness over the Mibramig.
Have to say I wouldn't buy either though...

G6

You're on a buying kick again, aren't you, goldenVI....Surreptitiously asking advice...

Ya know, Gregory, it all went pear-shaped after I became a member and got on the Trading Thread...

Actually, I thought this would be a more FUN thread for the Tarot Decks section and happily I am quite amused by the results! :)

*Whispers* Plus, it's surreptitiously poking fun at the deck makers, some of which need it! ;-)