Bluebirds Tarot (majors only)

Arimaya

So when two decks arrive from Japan on the same day (oops) my husband wonders if perhaps this tarot thing "isn't getting a little out of hand." :laugh:

I saw this Bluebirds Tarot on Adam McLean's site a while back and have lusted after it since. I followed the artist on Facebook and we ended up chatting a little ... well then I saw it was on sale, and the exchange rate was favorable and.... it just snuck into my shopping bag.

It's currently majors only, but the artist "is thinking about" doing the minors, which would probably take a year or so, he said. I'm hoping posting about it will give a few more people the bug and reason to encourage him!

I've attached a couple pics (blatantly stolen from google for now). He also included some lovely postcard sized prints of his art along with my order! I was tickled since part of me secretly wanted to find a way to blow up and frame a few cards...

I haven't tried to read with it yet - I've never done that with a majors only, but hope to do so after we get back from a little mini-vacation...

Anyway - here are some places to find more pics and info on the artist.

His website is all Japanese, but still fun to look at: http://hesomoge.com/bluebirdstarot

His facebook - this one appears to be his personal page, but it has some photos right now of the "World Playing Card & Tarot Fair" that are interesting! https://www.facebook.com/hesomoge.tadahikokawaguchi?fref=ts

Other facebook - for his art https://www.facebook.com/pages/HESOMOGE-Artworks/225178070830766?fref=ts

Attachments

• 20130313_403029.jpg
    20130313_403029.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,681
  • 77307403_o2.jpg
    77307403_o2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 2,907

Babalon Jones

I like this one a lot!

VioletEye

wow, it is so fantastic! it really has a sense of action.

Madrigal

This is really lovely! Refined but strong-looking. I'd certainly consider buying this as a 78 card deck. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and you can reassure your dh that two Tarot decks from Japan arriving on the same day is in the perfectly acceptable, perfectly normal range :joke:

feynrir

WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! This deck is just lovely!

It's got really nice echoes of many artistic styles. And the colors remind me of 70s sensibilities--a big plus in my book :thumbsup:

That "movement" is very quintessentially Japanese, in my opinion :) Each image has amazing flow. What a great find!!

Tigerangel

I love the energy from.this deck, would love for him to complete a full deck and would be an extra bonus if he would make all the swords minors with katana's then this would be a dream deck for me..away to look him up on Facebook. :)

Pipistrelle

I recently stumbled across this deck during a Google image search for something else entirely. I then spent the next 20 minutes scrolling through Adam's blog trying to find out what it was!

Very striking, love the backs and all the artwork. I would definitely be interested in a full deck.

Arimaya

from what I can understand using google translate, this is the second printing. the first sold out and he reprinted due to demand/uproar.

VGimlet

Very nice deck, I might have to keep an eye out for it in the future!

tarotluv

I've been eyeing this deck for awhile too. Can I ask how you were able to purchase it Arimaya? It looks like it's only available on the Japanese amazon site. Thanks!