Decks you love, but...that one card.

karen0205

The Hanged Man card from the Buckland Romani deck.
It's a dead rabbit hanging upside down. bummer

Le Fanu

It's funny - there are cards I really dislike but can overlook (or, sometimes, whenever I use the deck they never come up in readings so I don't worry too much) and there are cards I really dislike and just cannot.

I know it's serious when I ponder using the deck without that card. I have done this with the Ancestral Path many times.

Tibor

Magician from the Mucha Tarot is a no no no

For me it has to be the Magician from the Mucha Tarot. I am sorry but that card has to portray a male figure (at least that is my personal viewpoint). It's a male energy just like the High Priestess is a female energy. I do not even mind gender imbalances in certain decks (e.g. Thelema Tarot has more women in the minor arcana but I still like it and I do not mind that at all) but that Magician from the Mucha Tarot is unforgivable especially because the rest of the cards in that deck are so very traditionally RWS but that card really ruins the deck for me :(

Another card (although to a much lesser extent) would be the Sun card from the Tarot Illuminati.

Marie-Bernard

It's funny - there are cards I really dislike but can overlook (or, sometimes, whenever I use the deck they never come up in readings so I don't worry too much) and there are cards I really dislike and just cannot.

I know it's serious when I ponder using the deck without that card. I have done this with the Ancestral Path many times.

I've considered using KB Golden w/o The Sun, but felt it was kind of cheating, I guess.

Miss Divine

Oh there's plenty of decks I have this with. But right now the first that came to mind was the Strength card from the Transformational. That dragon, oh my!

greatdane

Miss Divine

THAT ONE card kept me from this deck....it was like WHAT were they thinking?

Padma

The Sun card in the Mucha tarot. That ugly face drawn on to the sun itself! Realllllly put me off the deck. (ETA I believe Hemera once likened it to the face of Gorbachev. She had a point!)

Also, I intensely dislike the Two of Swords in the Victorian Romantic 2nd ed. I remove it from the deck prior to reading with the VR.

In both cases, I replace the card with one of the title cards that came with the decks.

Visuals are really important to me...

Oh yes, the Fool in the Ancestral Path...(isn't that a self-portrait of the artist, J. C-W?) I cannot deduce "Fool" feelings from it.

avalonian

The Lovers card in the Hanson Roberts. He looks like he is about to burst into tears.

I sold the Buckland Romani because I just couldn't deal with that rabbit, also the Circle of Life because of the card with the woman walking into the forest with a severed head under her arm.

I can't imagine being without the Hanson Roberts so I've kept it but that Lovers card always irritates me.