Interesting tarot pairs

ZazaZ

The Moon + Ten of Swords

"You definitely should go!"

:eek:

tarotbear

excerpt from my book.....

Part of my book deals with Tarot Combinations. Here are some notes about the Fool card:

"When the Fool precedes a powerful, materialistic card ( such as the Wheel, or Devil), the qualities of the Fool are canceled out."

"The Fool preceeding the Chariot represents important news is coming."

"If the Fool precedes the Hermit a secret is safely being kept; if the Fool follows the Hermit something kept secret will be brought out into the open."

"The Fool preceeding the Sun means happiness, enjoyment, and order coming from an unexpected source."

Celtic_Dragon

Silverlotus said:
Although I've never had it come up in a reading, I've often thought my two favorite cards make a rather interesting pair:
3 of Swords and 9 of Pentacles

The rewards of hard work come with heart ache. Sometimes I wonder if that's the theme of my life.

That brings up a question, I wonder what everyone's favorite cards would pair up to be? And if the pair is consituted by the images or the meanings?

My are b/c of the images & a little of meaning, priestess + strength, moon + page of wands.

shoot! it's been months since I've delt with my cards(or posted), um.....*blushes* would anyone mind giving a meaning for the two pairs?

northsea

Bumping this one because this is mainly how I read the cards (in 2-card combinations).

Magician (reversed) modified by Fool (reversed) = trickery, deceit

Magician (upright) modified by Fool (upright) = boundless creativity

What are some others?

SongDeva

JC said:
The 3 of swords (surgery) and the Empress (motherhood) as the final outcome in a romance spread. It was for a friend who was infertile. The outcome hasn't happened yet, but I still think she's going to have an operation that lets her have a baby.

Or a cesarian section.

maria42airam

9 of swords / 7 of pentacles ( I know the JB suggested meaning of the 7 of pentacles is a assessment, but I always see this guy as sleeping on the job. Maybe it comes from being a govenment employee. LOL )

3 of pentacles / 5 of swords ( teamwork vs. doing it all yourself )

3 of cups / 5 of wands ( both sides of the playground )

Maria

anubis

Re: OK, my few

Alex said:
Chariot + Tower: car crash

Death + Devil: going straight to hell

that makes me laughed my arse off...

6 of wands + 6 of disks = inevitable victory

Flavio

Lovers RX + Ace of Cups = Fight with girlfriend/boyfriend, expect tears and emotions out of control.

Ace

Celtic_Dragon said:
That brings up a question, I wonder what everyone's favorite cards would pair up to be? And if the pair is consituted by the images or the meanings?
My are b/c of the images & a little of meaning, priestess + strength, moon + page of wands.

I almost ALWAYS base my interp on the pictures, which is why I must ask: which deck are you thinking of here? I would say that pristess+strength, is using the rules to get your way. THe High Priestess (IMHO) is usually using what she knows (inner knowledge maybe but using it to bring reality to bear) and the Strength card is getting what you want. I might find this combo a bit manipulative. Moon and Page of Wands is talking about what you are going to do next, but not doing it yet. If I was reading someone and that pair came up, I would say shut up and put up. Or if you can't/won't just shut up, please.

Ace

northsea said:
Magician (reversed) modified by Fool (reversed) = trickery, deceit

Magician (upright) modified by Fool (upright) = boundless creativity

I like these! Also RX: magician is not getting what you want (and whining about it), and (Fool) refusing to organize yourself enough to get it. While upright could be, taking it on the road: lots of ideas and starting in to see what works!

I usually pull three cards for quick answers, I might try pairs instead.