A birthday gift

Moongold

Dear Colleagues,

I’ve noticed your happy posts and wondered about them from time to time. Someone gave me the Faeries Oracle as a birthday gift and now I think I understand a little.

The Singers cards surprised me at first and I’ve been looking at them for two days. I did a reading today and one of them at least makes sense now.

I followed the suggestions at the front of the book:

My favorite card is the Ilbe the Retriever. He is so delicate and daffy and reminds me of an absent minded professor AND our long deceased and much loved Red Setter dog, Shep. He has a real air of kindness about him, as though he would tolerate any slip of the tongue, any forgetfulness any “not quite rightness”.

My least favourite was the Sage. The colour of the card is a little bilious and with one eye clouded over and his hair in such disarray, I didn’t take to him initially. The things growing out of his head look a little like thorns and he also looks as though he has just emerged from deep in the earth. I have been studying him since and can see that his good eye is kind. I guess one should not judge on first appearances.

The card that I had to pick without knowing is the Lady of the Harvest. There are many images in this card. The lady is holding a creature that looks very prickly and he, in turn, holds a marrow, She holds him against her bare breast and I am struck by the incongruity. He is dark and prickly and she is fair and smooth. There are many other characters in the background: the good, the bad and the horrible it seems. They look as though they are waiting for someone but they are all quite comfortable in the waiting. The card looks as though the harvest might have come to an end. There is an air of anticipation but the faeries also look as if they don’t want to hang around all day. Are all the little gnome like characters fairies as well?

I realise that I haven’t asked permission to join this group but it does seem to be public. Please forgive me if I have transgressed any boundaries. I will continue to be an interested observer. I have enjoyed the deck for the last few days and think the art work is superb. I have to say this and hope that you do not think I am a little mad but I feel as though they are waiting for me, or for something to happen. They are quite different from an ordinary Tarot deck, aren't they?

Blessings… and thanks for listening.

Moongold

Jewel

Moongold said:
Are all the little gnome like characters fairies as well?

I realise that I haven’t asked permission to join this group but it does seem to be public. Please forgive me if I have transgressed any boundaries. I will continue to be an interested observer. I have enjoyed the deck for the last few days and think the art work is superb. I have to say this and hope that you do not think I am a little mad but I feel as though they are waiting for me, or for something to happen. They are quite different from an ordinary Tarot deck, aren't they?

Hi Moongold!!! and welcome to the study group!!! ask permission to join? ~giggles madly~ not necessary, all are welcome!!!! very welcome!!!

To answer your first question, the Gnome like characters are indeed faeries. And to answer your second question, this deck is entirely different from any tarot or oracle deck I know of. The faeries on these cards are incredibly interactive. The "feeling" you are having is simply the beginning of a wonderful experience if you continue to get to know and work with the faeries. Please share your experiences and insights with us ... our faeries want to know what your faeries think and are up to :p