The Moulin Rouge Spread

Glass Owl

The Moulin Rouge Spread (4) by Glass Owl

Like the movie "Moulin Rouge" this spread is about truth, beauty, freedom but above all things, love.

The layout is in the shape of a diamond because "diamonds are a girl's best friend." :)

---4---
1-----3
---2---

1. Truth - Acknowledge this.
2. Beauty - Be in awe of this.
3. Freedom - Set this free.
4. Love - Embrace this.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to just love and be loved in return." - Moulin Rouge

SkadisPhoenix

glass owl, I LOVE this :D I'm a huge moulin rouge fan, especially that message and quote, and this spread fits so well. :) Thank you!

Glass Owl

I'm glad you like it! I saw the movie the other day and the themes of it are so simple, yet so powerful that I thought it would be great to incorporate them into a spread.

I'm also toying around with another Moulin Rouge spread that somehow uses this theme:

Truth - Swords
Beauty - Coins
Freedom - Wands
Love - Cups

The Lizard Queen

I love this spread. I'm about to go do a reading. :D And I like the idea you're toying with as well.
peace.
TLQ

Rennie-x

I love this spread :) Thanks for posting it!

Exona

Never seen that movie but I should.

This will go right into my journal. I'll definitely give this one a try!

Mystic_Blue_Jay

Glass Owl said:
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to just love and be loved in return." - Moulin Rouge
Actually, that quote is from a song called "Nature Boy", written by Eden Ahbez and originally sung by Nat King Cole. The song was featured in the Moulin Rouge movie. According to Wikipedia:

David Bowie's version was a major theme in the musical film Moulin Rouge! (2001). The version contained within the film was, however, sung by cast member and actor John Leguizamo as the character of Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec during the introductory scenes to the film. Some of the premise for the film was based on the lyrics, in particular the lines "There was a boy... A very strange, enchanted boy." The lyric "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is (just) to love and be loved in return" is used throughout the film. Massive Attack produced a version for the film's closing credits using the Bowie vocal. Both versions appear on the film's soundtrack.

pippi

I LOVE this movie... and the spread is great! :) I just posted my reading to my blog (linking back to your original post, Glass Owl, giving you due credit.)

Nicehormones

I am definitely going to try this. I loved the movie and the general idea. Very creative!

Dancing Bear

Cool stuff my favourite Movie eva..

I like the spread too!! Thanks Glass Owl for being very creative.