Aleister Crowley Thoth Deck: Size questions?

unicornizm

So I am thinking of getting the Thoth tarot deck. However, I think they come in different sizes.. I am not looking for the hand-sized ones but for the larger ones. I don't know if the larger ones come in the green box or the purple box though. I have searched online and even looked through some videos, but everything seems to say different things. So confused! Does anyone know which color the bigger one is?

Tyia!

Penthasilia

The in stock large Thoth deck is in the green box, like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=B003975X4O/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

My personal favorite is the large Thoth that was produced by AGM back in the day- to me the coloration is better and more rich. The "blue box A" is the one that has the picture slightly off center. There is a "blue box B" where the picture is centered, but to me it is so close in coloration to the newer Green box, the price difference isn't warranted. The blue box A is the better one as far as richness of colors. It looks like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=3905021609/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

Both are large decks- if you are just starting and want to keep it cheap, you may want to get the Green box then, once you know you love it, think about a blue box later. If you have the spare funds- the blue box A is the way to go.

Here is a great page with a table listing the different editions as well as samples of cards from each.

http://www.tarotgarden.com/library/decks/thothtable.php

Hope that helps.

:)

Abrac

The green box is large. If you're getting one online I'd get it from an individual who can tell you what size it is. The box should be 3 3/4" x 5 5/8" or 9.7cm x 14.2cm. It's been awhile since I ordered anything directly from Amazon, but they used to be terrible about sending something other that what's described.

Richard

So I am thinking of getting the Thoth tarot deck. However, I think they come in different sizes.. I am not looking for the hand-sized ones but for the larger ones. I don't know if the larger ones come in the green box or the purple box though. I have searched online and even looked through some videos, but everything seems to say different things. So confused! Does anyone know which color the bigger one is?

Tyia!
The green box edition is the largest. It is larger than the purple box edition (the one which has the extra Magus cards).

Ms. Jocelyn

The green box edition is the largest. It is larger than the purple box edition (the one which has the extra Magus cards).

I was snooping around here. Just wanted to let you know that the Purple box no longer contains the 3 Magus cards. I was on US Games today and it was listed in bold letters that the Thoth decks no longer contain the extra Magus cards. :-(

ravenest

You gotta be quick

For sale: extra Magus cards from Thoth deck .... OOP - Rare! Once owned by a witch.

Richard

I was snooping around here. Just wanted to let you know that the Purple box no longer contains the 3 Magus cards. I was on US Games today and it was listed in bold letters that the Thoth decks no longer contain the extra Magus cards. :-(
For sale: extra Magus cards from Thoth deck .... OOP - Rare! Once owned by a witch.
Yes, this is going to raise the value of the 3 Magus version. I only use my green box deck anyhow. Hmmmm..... :D