Cleansing with sound energy

shelikes2read

If you're interested in having a freebie sound file from Jonathan Goldman's site, you can head over to this page. If you enter an email address, they will send you the link to download a free sound file.

Of course, submitting an email address will also allow you to be on their mailing list, but I find that to be a GOOD thing. :) The music he creates is FABULOUS for recharging, meditation, and even reiki. I just used his music to infuse my latest stones with reiki this afternoon -- Orange Calcite and Green Calcite. I got them at the Smithsonian last week, along with a green fiber-optic sphere that, though it's manmade, is just SO darn pretty I had to get it. :)

I'm still refining my sound-infusing ritual when new stones or jewelry-making supplies come in. I've got it pretty much down to a science now: cleansing tone 528 Hz, tones for Chakras 0 through 8, cleansing tone 512 Hz, and Reiki music. I am now deciding on how to add that adjustable tuning fork I mentioned a few posts ago, and the pineal activator tuning fork that works with the Third Eye and Crown, to the routine.

shelikes2read

Incidentally, and I feel that this is worthy of a separate post, there has been discussion on other cleansing threads letting people know that they might not WANT to immediately clear every stone that comes into their possession, without first examining it to see if there are energies they want to retain. I agree with this sentiment, so what I do instead of flat-out cleansing is use intention to specifically take away just jarring or negative energies, such as what the stones might have been subjected to during the mining, cutting/polishing, shipping, and selling process. All the POSITIVE and healing energies are perfectly welcome to stay, :) .

We CAN perform a surgical-strike cleansing and energizing like this, but we have to use conscious intention to accomplish it. This is why using sound is a handy tool: producing sound tones can be a proactive endeavor, and we can focus our intentions at that time. Imagine the stone (or yourself) being filled with clear, beautiful light, and all negative, jarring, or unhealthy energies being wiped away by the tones. I've used this technique to cleanse jewelry or stones that I was carrying when something upsetting happened, so I could clean out the upsetting energy without wiping away the whole history of the stone.

shelikes2read

This is HUGE, and very time-sensitive!

There is a free interview with Jonathan Goldman, the sound healer whose work I have mentioned in this thread, available online for a very limited time.

http://www.hayhouseworldsummit.com/?audioid=282

It's up for 24 hours, certainly. But if you see this post and it's over 24 hours old, my suggestion is to try the link anyway; it can't hurt.

Fascinating, fascinating stuff for anyone who's interested in incorporating sound energy into their healing, energy, crystal, etc. work.

shelikes2read

Here's a cool freebie... I downloaded a free mp3 a few weeks ago, the 7-minute Chakra tuneup. I also downloaded the corresponding iPhone app.

Well, what did I run across on Youtube just now, but the very same tuneup, complete with tones and graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8kwc1lkiAQ

Note the vowel sounds that correspond to the Chakras. You will be able to use those seed sounds to work on your Chakras, too.

I posted frequencies that I use for Chakra balancing elsewhere in this thread. Since that time I have discovered that other people use different sets of frequencies. There are a few different systems out there to choose from, and that's OK -- one of the things I've learned, in looking up sound healing, is that it's the INTENT that brings about the desired effect.

One thing I'm interested in trying is to use Chakra-specific tones to work on crystals that also resonate with specific Chakras. It's just been a while since I've used Stone X with Chakra Y. In the past few months, my focus has been on Diamond, Quartz, and Fluorite, each of which can be used with multiple Chakras.

But if you have stones that you're trying to use for working with one specific Chakra, try the above link and charge the stone with the seed sounds in the video, and see what results you get.

Briar Rose

I am into sound healing and cleansing with sound energy. What I have noticed is that I listen to people speaking in a different way. Also, the house is calmer, so are the pets, and they listen better too! And my intuitive sense is stronger.

Good thread. You put a lot of thought into it.

shelikes2read

Thanks. I'm still learning about the uses of sound energy, so I've been posting as I go. This is fun.

Oh, and OOOOO happy happy joy joy

How do you combine sound energy and crystals? By finding a tuning fork made of clear quartz!

It's comparable in price to a quartz singing bowl, so I decided it was an investment worth making. Crossing my fingers that it, and its carrying case, arrive safely.

It will play a C note, but I'm not sure what frequency.

I look forward to adding it to my energetic "toolkit". :)

shelikes2read

While driving to a friend's house this afternoon, I reached an intersection near my destination where it's OK to turn on a red light. There seemed to be no traffic, so I started turning. Suddenly, a car came SPEEDING through the intersection on the cross street, honking all the way. I let him go through (as I should, given that he had the right of way, speeding or not). However, the abrupt appearance of that other car gave me an energetic "AAAACK!" moment.

After seeing my friend, I got back in the car, and the unpleasant energy of that moment was still lingering in my car. Well, THAT won't do. I would no more want to sit in mud than sit in that nasty energy. Fortunately, there are fixes for such things. Before starting the car, I took my cell phone and set it to play the cleansing 528 Hz frequency for five minutes.

I happen to have a car where I can play the phone's audio through the speakers of the car, but in the absence of that ability, playing the tone through the phone speakers would have been a viable option.

Five minutes later, and I had a nice bright energy in the car again. Problem resolved. :)

shelikes2read

Wheeee... new tool alert!

My quartz tuning fork arrived this morning. It's clear, lab-grown quartz and plays a C note: 512 Hz, which is one of the cleansing tones I use regularly.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/CLEAR-C-NOTE-ROOT-CHAKRA-QUARTZ-CRYSTAL-TUNING-FORK-DIAMETER-16MM-/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/$T2eC16JHJGwE9n)ySdvSBQ3!qJFvm!~~60_3.JPG

I can't WAIT to use it throughout the house -- most likely Monday, which is when I'll have the house to myself without interruption. Clear, bright energy, here we come!

shelikes2read

And one more post for the day. I have been experimenting with something called Binaural Beats.

The above link is to Wikipedia, so it's got a lot of layman's terms in it already (which is great, as most of us, including me, are starting from scratch when we head to the wiki for information). But I'll give a summation here. Binaural beats are tones that are best listened to with headphones. They play a slightly different frequency to the left ear than to the right ear. When this happens, we perceive a "beat" a certain number of times per second (known Hertz, Hz) that equals the difference in the tones. For example, if the left ear hears 528 Hz and the right ear hears 524 Hz, we will hear four beats per second.

The reason this matters is because there are studies showing that our brain (which also produces various number of "waves" per second, depending on whether we're wide awake, relaxed, or asleep) will start to MATCH the frequency of those beats we are hearing. "Real" scientists have worked with this, not just adherents to metaphysics.

Our brains produce different numbers of waves per second depending on our alertness state. Gamma state means we are awake and alert. Alpha state means we are relaxed, such as just before/after sleep or during meditation. Delta state occurs during deep, dreamless sleep or REALLY deep meditation. The wiki article linked above includes a chart of which state has how many waves per second.

So, what's the point of all this? The fact that if we play binaural beats that "match" the number of brainwaves of, say, the alpha (relaxed/meditative) state, then that will help our brains achieve the alpha state. So if we like to meditate, playing these binaural beats will help get us into the mental state we are looking to achieve anyway.

I bought some software that will help me create the kind of .wav and .mp3 files I'm looking for, with different binaural beats. (The software is not specifically designed with binaural beats in mind, but that is one of its capabilities.) I'm going to figure out how much space I have on my SoundCloud account, and post some things there.

Edit to add: Upon further reading, it appears that monaural beats (both ears hearing the same two slightly-mismatched tones pulsing) is even more likely to induce the brain's "frequency following response", where the frequency of the brainwaves adjusts to match the pulsing of what we are listening to. Well, the same software I described above can create THAT kind of sound file, too. Back to work for me, lol.

stonesatiety

The binaural beats thing is great, shelikes. I first experienced this years ago when didgeridoos of different keys were played together. Most perplexing and unusual feeling were didges close, but not perfectly matched. For example, I have an E flat perfect and an E flat +10. The slight difference in frequency feels wild!

Today I played a yirdaki in E, first didge playing in awhile. It's a heavy, rough thing machete hacked from eucalyptus (hollowed by termites) by a ceremonial player in North Arnhemland, Australia. Yirdaki is the real name for didges created by a certain group of Native Australians in that area.

This yirdaki has a solid, calm presence. When I first tried to play it years ago a weak hissing sound came out. I was trying to play it by blowing through my lips and it felt like a rock. The yirdaki was made and played by a master, so I knew to listen to it and trust. It smiled and said play with your body. When I held my attention on my diaphragm, exhaling and not worrying about my lips, the yirdaki growled beautifully. What power and ease! Eventually I learned to focus on my neck. All my didge playing received a huge boost!

I shared all this because I've found the presence of those clearing and everyone/thing else involved can be as important as the sound vibrations. When I first experienced a healing blow from two didge players here in town, I knew I had to add didges to my healing skills. I felt the didge spirits with us. They told me they are present whenever a didge is played, anywhere. (Not only this particular planet. Too much information?) This has proven true over the years. Cultural traditions belong to the culture, but the instrument--in this case didgeridoos--can be used with sacred intent by anybody.

When I went to play Garr (meaning Spider, the name it likes) again, I got a few weird sounds, then the deep, rumbling growl so characteristic of this style "hollow tree." It's an E, but it sounds much deeper with the harmonics its heavy body creates. I played some traditional-style sounds for my pup, who LOVED it! Sully loved standing there cocking his head this way and that, sniffing. I stopped to talk through the 'daki now and then and when Sully wandered off, my howling brought him back. :) Then I explored playing with the harmonics of the drone and my voice. Surprising effects come from matching one's voice to the key of a didge, then going a little higher or lower, that same binaural beat thing!

My body relaxed the moment the yirdaki began vibrating, as did Sully, Chairman Meow the cat and everybody else. Stones love sitting at the end of a didge, and often will send energy back up the didge--you can feel the pressure as you play--making circular breathing easier! That's the latest clearing with sound experience here. Thanks for keeping this going shelikes.