Hand-Made Lenormand Deck gift for my Sister. What do you think?

uraszz

I liked the Stork feet, and the Moon card :) I was not sure what the Fish or Stars card were, at first glance. Or the Child card. Might be a bit more descriptive, if you are going for an audience other than sister? BTW your sister is lucky to have such a nice brother! :love:

Thank you so much for your feedback! My sister doesn't want to believe me but I really do suck at drawing, but, what I'm good at is finding alternative ways to portray the same thing. For example I could never have drawn a Stork so I just captured one aspect of it so it could hint to a larger picture. That's also what I did with the Fish card. I couldn't for the life of me draw a fish and make it look pleasing so I drew it's scales with it's eye in the middle. The Child card is a lolipop with a swirl again, I couldn't draw a child so I hinted at it instead

I hope this makes things more clear!

I sure hope she feels the same way lol

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

....They are impressive indeed....I do not read with Leonormands but if your deck was available I would be quick to buy it to add to my collection

...you did a beautiful job & I am sure your sister will love them

I'll have to get back to you then if I do take initiatives on getting them printed, thank you! I hope she does feel as compassionate about them as I do

reall

Thank you very much! I aimed for a minimalistic portrayal of the cards with a few dabs of silver here and there (especially where there is action) so that my sister could get the impression of the card more easily without confusion

lI might look in to either digitalizing the deck and/or printing it but for now I just want my sister to be the one who has the only copy. If I decide otherwise definitely expect a PM from me!

Sincerely

-uraszz

OK!^^ I'm sure your sister will appreciate her one of a kind deck!^^ lolz ;))

Disa

They are wonderful! I especially love the silver accents :heart: Your sister is definitely very lucky to have you. You are very thoughtful to make the deck taking her learning/thinking style into consideration and then teaching her how to use them. I'm sure she will love a gift straight from your heart.

Village Witch

...I really do suck at drawing, but, what I'm good at is finding alternative ways to portray the same thing. For example I could never have drawn a Stork so I just captured one aspect of it so it could hint to a larger picture. That's also what I did with the Fish card. I couldn't for the life of me draw a fish and make it look pleasing so I drew it's scales with it's eye in the middle. The Child card is a lolipop with a swirl again, I couldn't draw a child so I hinted at it instead

You did a serious great job at the illustrations. I loved the "alternative ways to portray the same thing". How very unique!

The only one that isn't clear to me is the Yildizlar. I'm guessing Stars?

uraszz

They are wonderful! I especially love the silver accents :heart: Your sister is definitely very lucky to have you. You are very thoughtful to make the deck taking her learning/thinking style into consideration and then teaching her how to use them. I'm sure she will love a gift straight from your heart.

Thank you so much for your kind words! The silver touch to the cards is also my favourite part of the deck and was the most fun part to fill in. You see I wanted to add the silver to the areas that had action or conveyed the essence of the card so thinking about that was definitely an exercise for me

I'm a really strong advocate of people learning at least one divination method for personal use because Tarot is the single most powerful thing that changed my life and I really want others to experience the same thing. My family being my closest I decided to practically incorporate this aspect of myself into our shared day to day lives. For example I give my mother readings more frequently than I did before because I truly want her to know that if at anytime she does feel lost or doesn't know how to go forward, I'm here to guide her through. She's not very interested in learning an entire new system so I'm here as a stand in instead. My sister on the other hand is fresh and willing to learn so I'm teaching her how to read the Lenormand so she can empower herself through readings knowing that she's making the right decision in every situation and again if she's ever in the dark or not objective enough, I'm there for her

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

You did a serious great job at the illustrations. I loved the "alternative ways to portray the same thing". How very unique!

The only one that isn't clear to me is the Yildizlar. I'm guessing Stars?

Thank you very much! Yes it's the Stars card. Some cards I really took the liberty of filtering through my own understanding of them. As a Tarot reader the Star card for me is always the personal North card with it's peace after the Tower. I actually kind of incorporated a Tarosophical perspective into the classic Lenormand to give it a different flavor. As you can see the stars in the Stars card are visible behind a broken wall. I tried to portray the calmness that comes after the "breaking of the wall"

I hope I explained it well

Sincerely

-uraszz

IHeartRescues

Still can't stop looking. Your art is so refreshing to me!
I absolutely love your Stars, among the other simple and oh SO elegant cards. I am wondering about your thoughts when creating the Fish card (which I thought was the Snake at first, til I registered the fish-eye lol) ? How will this help your sister retain the meaning I'm curious?