Copyright issues

HudsonGray

Kinkos tried to tell me they couldn't make copies of my stuff either, till I showed them my drivers license name matched my signature on the artwork I'd just finished up that week. Then they backed off.

Copy places get really strict about copyright.

tarotbear

Copy places get really strict about copyright.

In a 'Sue the pants off 'em' World - they are just protecting themselves. However - I do think they've taken it to the extreme.

tarotbear

I originally had one deck printed by TGC as a kind of proof copy. Never filled in the Shop Page info on that. But the deck was too dark, so I contacted customer services and it was then I heard that I could not print it. So I have one copy that I am not happy with.

Interesting in that I have a copy of one of my decks done by Printers Studio and one done by TGC; the TGC deck is yellow-saturated, yet both were made from the same file!

Attachments

• Saturated Tower.jpg
    Saturated Tower.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 136

HudsonGray

It does intensify the color on the tower, though the upper clouds didn't need that.

Which did you prefer overall?

truelighth

Interesting in that I have a copy of one of my decks done by Printers Studio and one done by TGC; the TGC deck is yellow-saturated, yet both were made from the same file!

I called it a greenish hue. But it might as well be yellowish. I especially noticed it in some of the blue sky in my cards. Maybe this is a common thing with TGC. Not that I have to worry about that anymore now :joke:

garmonbozia

I have a music programme on my PC where I can type up music that looks like - well, any other printed music - took it to Staples as I needed 10 copies, and they said they couldn't copy music as it is copyright....
I pointed out that I JUST WROTE IT that morning.
Nope, I couldn't have done because music is all copyright... :mad:

Gregory, that is classic!

tarotbear

It does intensify the color on the tower, though the upper clouds didn't need that.

Which did you prefer overall?

I prefer the coloring on the left card (Printers Studio); it was a mulberry color, and many of the lavenders & purples used in the deck (Justice) have lost their clarity because the yellowish saturation makes them brownish ....