Writing a Book vs LWB

reall

@Babalon Jones yep, you say it right! there is definitely needed some strange energy to push you and help you complete such a big project!:)) and it's all about right place and time and some energies that help you go with it all!:)) looking back we are often amazed how did we make it?:) and it just confirms nothing happens without a reason! and it's not just a coincidence!^^ :)

kittydorkdork

Hey all! When you create a tarot (or oracle) deck, what makes you choose to write a big book to go with it vs a little white book?

I think that, as far as buying a deck, it depends on the individual deck if I want a big book or not. If it's just another RWS clone sort of deck then I wouldn't care about anything more than a LWB. If it's an indie deck that's very unique then a bigger book is awesome.

That being said..... I am itching to write a tarot book. Any artists that either have a deck that would benefit from a book or in the process of making a deck want to possibly work together? (I say possibly because it is such a personal process for both the artist and the author that we would have to really try it out first and make sure that we mesh well before jumping into in)

I'm currently working on a deck (hesitantly calling it Tarot of Real) and I've been trying to figure out if I want to write a book for it, or just make a little cheatsheet thing. I used to quite enjoy writing but not so much anymore. I hadn't thought of asking anybody else to do it!

JuniperPress

Like others, I think it's not totally necessary with tarots - especially ones that follow the RW closely. Super abstract or oracle decks - almost a must, especially oracle. It's funny you mention this because I've been wanting to do a book for a deck too. And I don't want to do the art. Odder still because I'm a artist/graphic designer yet I don't want to - I want to do the book. Maybe because it's a novelty sort of deck I have in mind and I'm wanting it to be humourous as well as a little educational, so I have a pretty good vision of what I want. Just too much stuff on my plate to do it all.

witchofglass - I might hit you up for editing too if I ever get this started. Was thinking last night of contacting another designer/artist friend from high school and seeing if he's at all interested in illustrating.

Kat I think it's great that you want to hook up with an artist for a collaboration. Lots of people can't or don't want to do both. I hope you get some interest:)

witchofglass

witchofglass - I might hit you up for editing too if I ever get this started. Was thinking last night of contacting another designer/artist friend from high school and seeing if he's at all interested in illustrating.

Just drop me a PM and we can work out the thing! :'D