Wheel Of Fortune as Outcome: Examples..?

willowfox

IndigoWaves said:
So perhaps with the Wheel Of Fortune as Outcome, the event will always seem like it came from "out of the blue"... Maybe it shows that the time has come for a windfall, if the subject has managed to learn/concentrate/observe enough along the way... If not, maybe something would happen to the subject that they find overwhelmingly unpleasant, or out of their control..?

Also, I wonder if the Wheel Of Fortune as Outcome does usually describe a concrete, external event in the person's life. It looks like a very mentally-active, Airy card, so might it also indicate a more internal event, like a mental breakthrough/breakdown, or a revelation of some sort..?

Everything depends on how it will work out, suppose you get the Wheel but the last card is a really nasty outcome, then the Wheel is warning you that a change is coming and it ain't going to be a pleasant one.
The Wheel in combination with good cards signifies a good outcome.
The Wheel as advice says take a chance and it will be okay on the night.

If you experience a good outcome then your mood will be one of happiness and a bad outcome will yield feelings of upset/anger, so I see the Wheel as external because it is something outside your mind that causes your life to succeed or mess up.

balenciaga

IndigoWaves said:
It looks like a very mentally-active, Airy card

Hi,
Actually the Wheel is a fire card (rws attributed to wands) and is ruled by Jupiter (which is Fortune; your propects, your good luck). Jupiter is the beneficent planet. Fire is action or motivation.
I agree with Willow that the Wheel has more to do with outside circumstances - and in your case, Indigo, the 10th position - outcome. A change in circumstances, a surprising change. Always look to surrounding cards and read for context - in a cc, check the 6th position, which often relates to the 10th. Good Luck:)

IndigoWaves

balenciaga said:
Hi,
Actually the Wheel is a fire card (rws attributed to wands) and is ruled by Jupiter (which is Fortune; your propects, your good luck). Jupiter is the beneficent planet. Fire is action or motivation.
I agree with Willow that the Wheel has more to do with outside circumstances - and in your case, Indigo, the 10th position - outcome. A change in circumstances, a surprising change. Always look to surrounding cards and read for context - in a cc, check the 6th position, which often relates to the 10th. Good Luck:)
Ok, well I'm definitely more acquainted with astrology (16yrs), so I might be able to figure it out that way... If the Wheel is ruled by Jupiter, it would be associated w/ Fire-sign Sagittarius - the most "airy"/intellectual of the Fire-signs, astrologically-speaking - so maybe that's why Rider-Waite has the clouds/sky/books in that card... Being a Fire/Wand card, though, it still leans more towards external events/action as opposed to purely mental/internal changes, right...?

So as Outcome, the Wheel Of Fortune always indicates a positive event will occur IF the other cards are positive (esp. Card 6), or a negative event if the other cards are negative..?

(Getting a bit dizzy...lol!) :)

Eddie

I have always read the WOF as a card indicating that things are changeable and is likely to change due to circumstances beyond our control.
Also it could indicate that if things have been going well then this new turn of the wheel could bring unwelcome changes and if things have not been going well then the changes could be welcomed.
I will look this up for you and post some references later.
If this is correct, then the surrounding cards could not be read as suggested, in connection to the wheel. ie; if surrounding cards positive then expect a positive outcome. It would seem the opposite to be correct, anyway will see what I can find.

IndigoWaves

Eddie said:
I have always read the WOF as a card indicating that things are changeable and is likely to change due to circumstances beyond our control.
Also it could indicate that if things have been going well then this new turn of the wheel could bring unwelcome changes and if things have not been going well then the changes could be welcomed.
I will look this up for you and post some references later.
If this is correct, then the surrounding cards could not be read as suggested, in connection to the wheel.
Thank you - I'll watch for your update.

Just discovered that Temperance is associated w/ Sagittarius in the Tarot, while Jupiter by itself is associated w/ the Wheel (as balenciaga had mentioned)... Astrologically though, my experience of Sagittarius-type energies has never seemed like Temperance is described - doesn't seem to fit at all... :( Maybe I should be using a different deck; Rider-Waite images seem to conflict with what I'd expect them to mean.

balenciaga

IndigoWaves said:
Being a Fire/Wand card, though, it still leans more towards external events/action as opposed to purely mental/internal changes, right...?

So as Outcome, the Wheel Of Fortune always indicates a positive event will occur IF the other cards are positive (esp. Card 6), or a negative event if the other cards are negative..?

Yes - external as opposed to internal (unless surrounding cards suggest otherwise).
I would say positive changes if card in #6 position is positive - yes, indeed. If #6 is negative, I would lean towards a downturn of luck - but I would have to see the spread (I am an optimist!):)
Also, you might want to consider that the wheel is inviting your participation - take a risk - the environment is fortuitous.:)

Eddie

Yes i would agree, card 6 has an effect on the outcome of the situation, but as the reader, even with the CC, if the wheel sits in the outcome and the 6 th card is a minor, you would have to point out quite strongly that the positive outcome would depend on the querent making full use of any opportunities that might open up for them.

Also there could be a considerable amount of time for the querent between the recent future card 6 and the possible outcome card 10, giving this situation time to change in any direction if the advice of the cards are not carried through.

This major would then carry the most weight and the current situation could continue to be changeable.

If the wheel comes up as an outcome in any other spread where it does not have the benefit of card 6, then this card would have to be read very carefully, for example if things have not being going well then this card could provide a welcome change, if the opposite applies then there could be a possibility that things might well change and you could experience a period of bad luck.
I had some experience of this a few years ago. I did a reading for someone who had been experiencing a few problems within her relationship. The wheel sat firmly in her outcome slot.
Her relationship had been very up and down, at the time of her reading they had just got back together, I did a 5 card spread. The spread reflected the changeable circumstances of this relationship.

The undertones of this because of the wheel, I felt, where all about destiny, they came together by chance, there was a chance it could work but then every chance it wouldn't, it was the only major in the spread.

I felt that as they where together at the time of the reading, chances where that they might not stand the test of time. So I said that it could go either way, if she wanted it to work she would have to make sure she made the most of all the possibilities that might come her way.

A few weeks after, they went their separate ways. It turns out that he was offered a short term job abroad and despite her going out to spend time with him, it became clear that it just was not meant to be. Incidental the hidden influence card was the knight wands. Generally a positive card, no reason to expect anything negative as such.

I suppose we all have to go with our original feeling of the card at the time of the reading and chances are it could be slightly different for most of us. So whatever we read or are told by others we then have to slot it in and blend it with our own feelings and experiences with our cards. Otherwise we end up confusing our cards and how they work with us.
Sorry this is so long winded thought you might find this experience I had with this card useful.
Eddie.

balenciaga

Eddie said:
Incidental the hidden influence card was the knight wands. Generally a positive card, no reason to expect anything negative as such.

Bingo, there's your answer, Eddie - the knight of wands as "journey".

Knights also move the action along in any spread. And in this case maybe caused the wheel to spin a little faster than it might have on its own, drawing the rela to a close.

IndigoWaves

Eddie said:
Also there could be a considerable amount of time for the querent between the recent future card 6 and the possible outcome card 10, giving this situation time to change in any direction if the advice of the cards are not carried through.
Good point - I hadn't really considered the time-span between Card 6 and Card 10.

...So the Wheel as Outcome in a CC spread indicates change will occur, but whether it will be positive or negative depends greatly on whether the querant uses (or avoids using, if negative) the energies described by card # 6.

Eddie said:
A few weeks after, they went their separate ways. It turns out that he was offered a short term job abroad and despite her going out to spend time with him, it became clear that it just was not meant to be. Incidental the hidden influence card was the knight wands. Generally a positive card, no reason to expect anything negative as such.
That's a great example, Eddie - Thank you! :)

Also, thank you, balenciaga - I hadn't really thought of how Swords would indicate a shorter time-span re. events described in a reading. It does make sense. Maybe a prevalence of Wands could have a similar effect, too..?

balenciaga said:
Also, you might want to consider that the wheel is inviting your participation - take a risk - the environment is fortuitous.
That description does fit well for the Wheel, especially with those 4 figures studying from books on the Rider-Waite card... Maybe they illustrate that it's time for the querant to actively use whatever "lessons" have been learned - once Card 6 has shown its effect.

balenciaga

IndigoWaves said:
Also, thank you, balenciaga - I hadn't really thought of how Swords would indicate a shorter time-span re. events described in a reading. It does make sense. Maybe a prevalence of Wands could have a similar effect, too..?

Actually I was thinking about knights in general and how any one of them can serve to advance the action (except for the slow poke knight of pentacles). But sure, now that you say it - swords as air as speed, why not?:)