Fey Art

dadsnook2000

Link to view Fey Tarot

DolphinPrincess. When I try to use the link you provided I reach a page/message that says access is denied. I would like very much to see what the Fey looks like beyond the few cards shown on AT's review. Any clues as to how to access the site? Dave.

contrascarpe

Dave -

I had looked everywhere for a site which showed them all. I finally broke down and bought the deck. If you can't find the images online, I will bring the deck to our next gathering for you to look at.

Dan

dadsnook2000

Dan

Sounds good. I just discovered the Fey and wanted to do a wood carving of one of the figures. The deck looks fascinating as a theme deck based on the little I have seen of it. The link posted on-line leads to a password-protected site. If I remember right it had a "tarot.com" in its URL. I've got the Tarot Magic software from Tarot.com and looked to see if they had the decks images as a download for program but couldn't find the Fey listed. By the way, the Tarot Magic software is the only one I've seen that changes a card's reading/meaning relative to its position in the spread you are using. Thanks again for the offer. I'll look forward to our next meeting. Dave.

widar

Sorry, forgot to tell: you should click on the pictures and not use the selection menu.

Widar

dadsnook2000

Thank you for the link

Yes, this link works nicely. Thank you. I create a wood-carved figure of one of the cards for each deck I have, paint it and mount it on a book-shaped box. So, I not only store my cards safely but I get to see them in a "more real, lifelike" manner each day. For me, its part of the bonding process. Lately I've seen so many references to the Fey that I just had to look at it. Several of the cards seem appropriate for carving -- the Star, Seven of Swords. Are there any of the cards that many consider as "favorites" in this intriguing deck? Dave.

contrascarpe

Re: Thank you for the link

dadsnook2000 said:
Are there any of the cards that many consider as "favorites" in this intriguing deck? Dave.

Dave -

My personal favorite at the moment is The Empress. I find the image embodies alot of the qualities I find essential to this card. I hate to belie the macho image I try to convey by saying this, but I find the card so darn cute (note: the macho remark was a joke - as anyone here who knows me can attest, hehe).

Dan

dadsnook2000

For Dan

Well, the link doesn't now work. It worked once. I'll bring a camara to our next tarot circle meeting and take some shots of the cards that would work best for carving-replication. Meanwhile I'll look around to see what I can find for price and availability. Dave.

Laura Borealis

This carving idea sounds very interesting. What do your carvings look like? I imagine them as flat, like outlines, if they are decorating boxes... but your description also suggests three dimensions. Do you have any photos?

If you want any particular cards scanned I can do that and post the images as attachements.

contrascarpe

Laura - I have seen Dave's handiwork and it is very good. And yes, it is three dimensional.

Dan