Adflatus

zachlost

Starlily said:
zachlost,
I cannot wait to get to know the deck better. I just had to come over and tell you my initial reaction.

Dear Starlily,

Thanks for the update. Take your time :)

- Z

Rhiamon

I recieved my deck yesterday and I am amazed! I love the detail, especially since I am struggling with reversals. I also love the quality, the nice card stock, book and bag....like the Gilded. I love cards that are coated...WTG! I can't wait to start using them :)

tao51

I am an intuitive reader

I respect the time and care thet went into the book. I have had my deck for over a week now. I have used it in some difficult readings. I find the art to be insightful into the issues involved. They have been useful in uncovering hidden motives and intentions. I have seen nuances of other agendas among my people that require a more penetrating reading. The cards work well in a causal chain spread. I hope to use them more as the summer comes and I have more time. --Tao

Asael

I was most pleased to find a box with the Amazon logo in my mail today. I skipped into the house, beaming with excitement to see this deck in all of its physical glory. I slowly flipped through the cards before preparing for work. I was impressed, the artwork was everything I had hoped for after visiting the website.

I looked through the deck some more at work, and did some readings for myself and a coworker to familiarize myself with the cards a little. I was doing ten card spreads, and there were only a handful of cards that really gave me difficulty in the readings. I don't remember them off-hand, but I did record them so I know which I should give some more attention to on an off day.

I am very pleased. I suspect that when I start to learn from this deck, I'll want to purchase a second, possible a third, that way I can have one for public use, one for personal use, and one to save as a collector's item. Absolutely wonderful deck. My congratulations to Mr. Wong for designing such a wonderfully artistic and original deck. I'd certainly be interested in seeing more from him in the future.

Alta

I recieved my deck in the mail (from tarotgarden) a few days ago but life and the world meant that I only got to review the cards last night. First impressions are excellent. I especially like the use of colour. I was afraid that the reversing Majors might just be a clever trick but I see that a lot of thought went into it.

Sorry Zach, no readings yet but this weekend likely.

Marion

zachlost

Replies ...

tao51 said:
They have been useful in uncovering hidden motives and intentions. I have seen nuances of other agendas among my people that require a more penetrating reading. The cards work well in a causal chain spread. I hope to use them more as the summer comes and I have more time. --Tao
Tao - thanks for the update. It's good to hear you are not dissapointed after waiting all this time :) I'm terribly curious if you see any further symbolism and imagery in the cards which were not included in the book?

Asael said:
... I was doing ten card spreads, and there were only a handful of cards that really gave me difficulty in the readings. I don't remember them off-hand, but I did record them so I know which I should give some more attention to on an off day.
Asael - I would be very interested in your reflections/opinions on the difficulty of some of the cards/images in relation to your readings/positions. Although, I am a firm believer in that each reading is subjective, I always find other people's (re)interpretation fascinating.

Marion said:
... I was afraid that the reversing Majors might just be a clever trick but I see that a lot of thought went into it...
Marion - thanks for the note. Time is such a rare commodity these days :) I fear there are still many out there who are hesitant to purchase the deck for similar reasons you have mentioned above. I can only hope they are open-minded about it and even take the time to go through the deck's website to explore the images online before making their purchase.

I read recently in another Forum how another reader was disappointed that Wands=Fire and Air =Swords in my deck. I guess Crowley's minions are hard to please ;)

Cerulean

I've been doing readings with this for others.

I only posted one to this forum as of yet in the exchange.

I will post the two others, hopefully before my trip tomorrow.

I have tempered the "Riderlike" sword meanings in a 'present or future' position with either the Kanji symbols I put on my own deck, or with Ananda Tarot book-style meanings. A few times I have also pulled similar Ananda cards in a comparative filtering.

To my odd filters, this speaks more of the balances that I see in the Revelations card design. I have sometimes found the Arthur Waitish summary of meanings a bit more negative and dramatic. I don't want to keep pulling cards to 'soften' the written descriptions. I think this is just my ideas and learning process.

Ananda Tarot's card meanings combine both the Rider-Waitish pictorial card meanings in the minors with the older cartomancy in a way similar to how Papus or Knapp-Hall Tarot suggests different ways of reading the cards. A few Italian decks that I have will also will even differ card meanings in various ways--season, card layouts, etc...

Thanks Zach! If all this detail above is confusing, just think of it as "hey, this deck drew in one reader to really dig into the designs and book." If an artist/author can draw someone into working with such a tool, that's a success in my eyes.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

P.S. I am curious if Zach also reads for self and others with the deck he designed.

zachlost

Cerulean said:
P.S. I am curious if Zach also reads for self and others with the deck he designed.

Zach currently reads for himself. He is often too shy to read for his friends. What he does read for himself is repetitive, because I'm living in an unresolved loop.

:D

Alta

zachlost said:
What he does read for himself is repetitive, because I'm living in an unresolved loop.
:D :D :D I sometimes refer to myself humourously as 'we' for that exact same reason.

zachlost

Marion said:
:D :D :D I sometimes refer to myself humourously as 'we' for that exact same reason.
As long as the rest of you does not object and joins in the laughter ... ;)