Falling in LOVE AGAIN!! with older decks

greatdane

Who knows Marlene Dietrich from the Blue Angel and her song.....Fallling in LOVE Again, what am I to do....I can't help it! That's how I feel going through decks I have and am seeing them anew.

Since we are in the tarot section we can stick with tarot decks, although I get the same thrill going through Lenormands I haven't paid much attention to lately.

So with Marlene's song floating through my head.....decks I am falling in love again with, not that I was really out of love, but we can take some decks for granted.

Anna. K has been sitting too long, as has my first ed Bohemian Gothic. I haven't had the Touchstone very long, but put it away for about a week and now taking it out, the more I look at it, the more I want to work with it and spend time with it. So many decks, so little time.

SO those are three of mine I have shared...which are your Falling in Love Again decks?

Hemera

Some of my Falling in Love Again decks are

Vision Quest
Medicine Woman Tarot
Tarot of Vampyres
Tarot of Mermaids
Undersea Tarot

-and the Halloween Tarot is something I put aside every spring and fall in love again come October..

Falcor

Herbal tarot and Crystals Tarot by Trevisan....Falling in love again and again <3

bonebeach

For some reason, I hardly ever use the Dali tarot. I eventually convince myself I must not like the Dali tarot. Then one day I'll use the Dali tarot and be like, "this is SO EASY and I love the art! I should use this one all the time!"

And then I go back to not using the Dali. Shrug.

Ancient Italian is my truest love to date, I think. I put it down for any and all new decks and flavors of the week, but I default back to my battered and love bruised Soprafino each time.

ana luisa

The Druidcraft. One of my first buys and was gathering dust , poor thing. So happy I rediscovered it :)

Le Fanu

The Rohrig. After the initial love, I wrote it off as 80s airbrushed poster art - plus the copies I had were the *rare* ones - the English version going for $3,000 or whatever and the nude Blue Star version.

Then I found the pocket sized Spanish version and fell in love again and can shuffle and carry it around without worrying about damaging it.

WolfyJames

It has been the case as well with me. The Enchanted Tarot was my first tarot deck, it was love at first sight, the Moon card on the box was so beautiful and entrancing, I had to get it, and it was quite costly (50$) back then.

And when I got the internet, started to check about tarot, and found this website, I was dazzed to see so many decks... Good thing I dislike most decks I see though, because of my limited budget. I started buying decks, using them... and I kind of forgot the Enchanted.

I got in the mood to use it gain. Got a pretty bag for it. Got the Zerner-Farber Tarot too, but I really prefer the Enchanted.

Nina*

The Rohrig. After the initial love, I wrote it off as 80s airbrushed poster art - plus the copies I had were the *rare* ones - the English version going for $3,000 or whatever and the nude Blue Star version.

Then I found the pocket sized Spanish version and fell in love again and can shuffle and carry it around without worrying about damaging it.

Same here. I also have a couple of the old ones, but this new smaller one is just fabulous. I always loved it though... it was one of the first 5 decks I ever got.

I've just fallen back in love with the Marseille and the Margaret Petersen. The Marseille more specifically being the Spanish Tarot and the Heron Conver. SO in love!

greatdane

So loving reading all of your posts....

Isn't falling in love again great? :) Rediscovery often seems richer to me than initial discovery.

magicjack

I was never in love with the steampunk tarot and had it for years. Then one day I pulled it out and started really enjoying the Victorian theme of the deck. I always apologize for using it but for some strange reason I love reading with it. At first look I think it looks kinda silly but I'm enjoying it very much. Go figure..