Travelling decks?

nisaba

Le Fanu said:
I'm in exactly this dilemma right now! I fly next Thursday and cannot decide what my "tarot package" is going to be. Space isn't an issue as it's tarot decks first and then everything else. :D
OOP decks. What if a Tarotista-burglar breaks in when you're away? Leave behind decks you can replace, take the ones you can't.

I'm completely serious here.

________
Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

nisaba

Grizabella said:
I can't even shuffle big decks, so I don't think I could shuffle books. :p
<giggle>

punchinella

nisaba said:
OOP decks. What if a Tarotista-burglar breaks in when you're away? Leave behind decks you can replace, take the ones you can't.

I'm completely serious here.
But nisaba, luggage gets lost, chewed up in the machine, sent to another city, sold and picked apart at reclamation sites (watched a special on this once) and carry-ons can be snatched right from your arm in a busy terminal or more surreptitiously removed from the overhead compartment while you are in the powder room . . .

The possibilities are endless, and they don't all involve oblivion.

jackdaw*

Miniature Albano Waite.

Mellaenn

The Gilded (always). Mini RWS goes everywhere with me anyway. Maybe Kat Black's Golden, which is new to me; i'm really loving that one. That's going to be it, I really have to pack light as it's winter where I'm going and the jeans and sweaters are so heavy....not to mention Christmas prezzies!

morticia monroe

I always take the Bohemian Gothic, and usually also the Victorian Romantic. After that, my other decks all vie for third, fourth, and sometimes fifth position in the bag.

I stand in front of them, scanning. Some scream "Pick me"! Others are far too cool to be that obvious, and they eyeball me with the same inspecting gaze I use. Some make me feel a comfort and ease just by looking at them, while even others look like trouble in a box, but they strangely appeal to me.

Based on what I feel drawn to at the moment, I make my choices.

collielin

Our family is celebrating the Winter Solstice at my sons house this year. It is traditional for me to do a tarot reading for anyone that wants one. So I'm taking a dark goth type deck (my son likes these), Anna K, the old stand by RW and probably a fairy tale style deck for the "young at heart".

What stays in my bag at all times is simply the mini RW . But for when I'm held over for long stretches of time, well...... nothing beats my Ipod Touch apps! I have several tarot and oracle deck apps, and of course e-books to read using my Amazon Kindle app.

Now of course I can't shuffle my tarot apps but I sure can read and study. A tremendous space saver. So I can be content to just shuffle my RW.

Astraea Aurora

Whhich deck I take with me usually depens on which deck I'm working with at that moment and which one piques my interest. I'm leaving for Christmas at my parents tomorrow. After a long and stern discussion with myself I decided to take the AnnaK with me. We haven't chatted in a long time. :)

Astraea Aurora :grin:

punchinella

collielin said:
But for when I'm held over for long stretches of time, well...... nothing beats my Ipod Touch apps! I have several tarot and oracle deck apps, and of course e-books to read using my Amazon Kindle app.

Now of course I can't shuffle my tarot apps but I sure can read and study. A tremendous space saver. So I can be content to just shuffle my RW.
Interesting. Darn, that holiday wishlist was officially submitted weeks ago, too late for amendment! :p