Travelling decks?

Pam O

I am one who ALWAYS has at least one deck in my purse, and usually ~5 with me at vertually all times. The mini Hanson Roberts lives in my purse, and the mini Osho Zen majors that are tear outs from the back of the book, "Tarot in the Spirit of Zen" lives in my wallet in a tiny bag w/ my credit cards.
When I travel by vehicle, I usually take way too many, but I'm comforted by them being w/ me. Right now, I'm usually always carrying: Bohemian Gothic reg (so my Pewter stays pristine and in arms reach by the bed). OK, I'll check my tarot bag: Rabbit Tarot, Sun & Moon, small RWS & Victorian Romantic. Oh, I'm also loving the Touchstone by Kat Black...Then I have my "Book Bag" with another 10 decks. Sometimes I grab that too, or bring it to the couch to sit next to me to play with.
On a plane it's tougher. I'm flying in Jan, and my goal is 5 decks. We'll see if I can stick to it.
What a fun decision!

ETA: I've been pondering this numerologically with their positive aspects.
5 is the number of chg, chaos, movement (& my life #)...
4 is stability...
3 is trinity; you, me & another; father, mother, child...
2 is balance
1 is the essence of all #s, contains w/in it all the numbers...
OK 1... Is it possible to just do 1???

punchinella

Well, my bags are packed. Carry-on choices are limited: Origins and, oddly, Dreaming in Color (oracle). This one just jumped out at the last minute as a necessity, possibly because it is so discreet (I'm headed for the Bible belt . . .)

My checked bag includes Hezicos, Crone, Trees, and another unexpected last minute hitcher, Vanessa :)

Whoo hoo!!!

Morwenna

I seldom travel without at least one deck (and all my traveling for the past decade has been by car), and when I go to science fiction conventions or esoteric conferences I just throw my soothsayer's bag into the car along with my suitcase (half a dozen decks or so, plus ordinary cards, runesticks, and a pendulum). Usual decks: Morgan Greer, Hanson-Roberts, Robin Wood, Arthurian (Hallowquest), Arcus Arcanum, and whatever else the spirit moves me to throw in; in January it'll probably be the Vargo Gothic.

Pam O

Hey punchinella...You chose 5!!!
I love it.
That is my daily deck carrying #! I am constantly seeking all the good sides of the 5 since RWS portray negative, unbalanced versions of the # 5.

Also, Mercury is in retrograde, so to communicate successfully takes additional focus. The message I've been repeatedly getting thru the cards for me and clients, is that this retrograde is to help us really be able to see our old, unconscious loops/patterns we've been stuck in to evolve to a higher & easier level. 5 being the # to help with change might really help with the communication from Spirit/Soul/God, etc, being understood in order to help us break into smooth sailing to new experiences on a new, higher level and release our outdated patterns.

I know, what a nut... Anyway congratulations on figuring out your perfect #! :D

Jesii

WOW! you gus carry alot of decks! I bought home the lunatic, the Pixie Lenormand and the Lord of the Rings (US games version). I am, however, coming home to about 40 decks so I don't feel deprived!

Aerin

I often take decks that I want to learn with, or am studying. Usually it is only one. In the past I've taken (ONE each time):

RWS
Fey
Bohemian Gothic
Fairytale
Hallowquest Arthurian
Sweet Twilight
Victorian Romantic

53rdspirit

I take my trusty Visconti deck with me to most places I travel since it is my old, trusted friend; however, if space is seriously at a premium, I just stick a pack of regular playing cards in the back pocket of my jeans.

Cerulean

Four to go

Comparative is four in one.

Mini Rider.

LeNormand

jeu Antique

Thin booklets...if I had thought of it, a BOTA color your own set would have been cool.

Morwenna

I don't usually carry a daily deck though. But now I have a mini-Hanson-Roberts, which is on the nightstand where I can grab it and stuff it into my coat pocket if I wish.

Hedera

Spiral, Sun and Moon, Fairy Tale

I'm about to go away for Christmas and the New Year, for ten days.
(to my mother's, so nothing terribly far away or exciting)

I'll be travelling with my trimmed Spiral (which is the deck that's currently in my purse), and then I'm also going to bring my unexpected new love, the Sun and Moon; I ordered it to not waste shipping costs, along with the Sorcerers - and I'm completely smitten, even though I had dismissed it many times before from the scans.

(sometimes I think I should just not bother seeking out tarot decks, but rather order them at random... I can never tell beforehand which I'm going to love, and which will leave me cold).

I'm also probably going to bring the Fairy Tale (Lisa Hunt): not so much for the deck, but because the book is one of the books I'm going to bring to read, and it seems awkward to take the book without the deck.