9 of Swords Upright as Advice

ilikeskittles

I feel like I understood the reading as a whole, including the message of the 9 of Swords in the Advice position in the spread, but I'm just curious to see if others have the same interpretation of this card in particular. What message would you generally say this card brings as Advice?

IndigoWaves

What's your interpretation of it, though? (as per forum rules)

prudence

Moderator Note

Hi Ilikeskittles,

I'm moving this thread to Using Tarot Cards since this section (Your Readings) is meant for posting complete readings for help and discussion.

Before anyone can help you with this card, you need to interpret it yourself.

Others, please wait until the interpretation has been added before you reply.

Thank you,

Prudence

ilikeskittles

Oh sorry. I didn't interpret it because I didn't want people to just go along with what I thought lol. My interpretation was that it was advising the querent to stop worrying about the issue, she had admitted it had literally been keeping her up at night, so I felt it was fitting in that respect. The other cards were positive depicting a resolution to her issue, so I felt as advice from the reading, it is signaling that the time of worry/anxiety should come to an end. Interested in others' initial thoughts about this card as advice.

bubblyNightmare

I think the advice position relies heavily on spread context. But I do agree that 9S sounds like the deck is saying "you worry too much!! stop!!". it could also mean you're not worrying enough, as in you should think the situation is serious and you're taking it too lightly

IndigoWaves

I was thinking that the 9S as 'Advice' could be to become/remain sharply aware -- even if it's highly unpleasant -- of any past actions or relationships which had resulted in mental anguish, guilt, anxiety, isolation, etc., and to do what is necessary to avoid repeating them... So, I'd wonder if something is hoped for or intended by the querent to occur which has so far been glossed-over, misconstrued and/or viewed with rose-coloured glasses (which may very well be reflected by seemingly "positive" cards elsewhere in the reading) -- something that would ultimately replay or worsen an earlier 9S disturbance(s)... It may also be asking the querent to envision and avoid potential consequences re: the reading's topic, in general, even if truly severe 9S disquiet hasn't (yet) been caused by her actions; sleepless nights of worry can sometimes happen for very good, protective reasons.

nisaba

I was thinking that the 9S as 'Advice' could be to become/remain sharply aware -- even if it's highly unpleasant --

This is pretty much here I sit, given tht she told you she'd been worrying at night.

Endless over-anxiety isn't perhaps a good thing: but she needs to *use* those sleepless hours to sit down with a warm drink and a pen-and-paper and make lists of pros-and-cons, or things she might do and where those things might lead. Working on the situation at night rather than just tossing and turning will help, and Swords are definitely of-the-mind, indicating thinking as her solution.

ilikeskittles

Thanks! I really like the interpretation about becoming sharply aware going forward, she's in the process of reconciling with her ex (I know both parties) so it would make sense that she wouldn't want to make the same mistakes that caused issues in the first place. Since it was a healthy/positive relationship for the most part, I don't think its the relationship she needs to avoid or be aware of so much as her own behaviors and internal state within the relationship, which need to be channeled in a more healthy way. She has anxiety and tends to stress out and worry about every little thing, which caused them some problems, which then caused more stressing/worrying etc over things that can be easily fixed. I agree with the point about the swords suit that thinking/mental control would be a solution to the issues. She definitely beats herself up unnecessarily.