3 of pentacles reversed

WalesWoman

I always think of 3 Pents as the apprentice card, learning the skills under the guidance of others, that balance created by implementing what you have learned from experience and the spiritual guidance, be it the muse or sense of rightness.

So to me the reverse is improper planning, no guidance, expecting things to just happen without care and preparation... basically sloppy, undisciplined, no attention to details, not wanting to practice or take the time to learn what you need to do. Like using something complicated without reading the instructions first and just expecting it to come easily without any effort.

It could even be the difference between skilled and unskilled sorts of things.

Thirteen

Elnor said:
they don't want to show it to anyone- perhaps the fear of criticism, (even constructive) is stopping them finishing their work?

Or they are not happy with the ideas or suggestions of a publisher or proof-reader?
That's a very apt point! I've known many people who want to be writers, but are afraid to show their stuff to anyone for fear of criticism. Likewise, I know writers who take criticism very hard, refusing to make changes and, again, this stops the work from moving forward.

What they don't seem to realize is that writing just can't move forward in a vacuum--you need some outside opinions to give you a fresh perspective and new direction.