an experiment at gilt edging

Cassandra022

lol, i spent a long moment this morning trying to visualize using toothpicks...it seemed like it'd take forever xD

Cassandra022

ok, i come now bearing pics of finished aquarian!

trimmed and pewter-gilted...the pewter is definitely more subtle than silver would of presumably been, but methinks I like the effect :]

Attachments

• aquarian1.jpg
    aquarian1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 294
  • aquarian2.jpg
    aquarian2.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 290
  • aquarian3.jpg
    aquarian3.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 272

shadowdancer

well done on the aquarian there :D are you pleased with results?

I used rub 'n' buff on all my gilt edging and still find it hasn't come off. One deck in particular had a lot of use and shuffling and it has stood up to it just fine

Davina

Cassandra022

yes, i do like the results. did a quick bit of pewter gilting on my trimmed revelations deck after i posted that as well. glad to hear this is going to last even after a whole bunch of shuffling.

next up, methinks, is a new druidcraft i got yesterday due to having gotten a borders giftcard from one of my credit card rewards programs so it didnt cost me anything...going to trim it and try out the spanish copper gilting since it'll match the backs...

strings of life

I have my Antique Gold Rub n' Buff and am armed with Q-tips on my sick day today (a bad cough which developed in just one day) :rolleyes:.

I'll tackle this today, one card at a time and will post photos. They didn't have a big color selection sadly. I really wanted the Ruby color!

Cassandra022

boo to bad cough and lack of color selection but good luck on your gilting adventure!

strings of life

Cassandra022 said:
boo to bad cough and lack of color selection but good luck on your gilting adventure!
Since I am hacking my brains out, I decided it was best to stay away from fumes. Next week= I hope!

Cassandra022

fume avoidage no doubt a wise choice aura :0

um, the pictures arent super quality but here's how the spanish copper color looks like, on my trimmed druidcraft. like a penny, basically...i quite quite like :]

Attachments

• druid2.jpg
    druid2.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 275
  • druid3.jpg
    druid3.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 251

Cassandra022

snow day. decided to gilt the edges of my beloved Legacy of the Divine in the ebony/black color. It goes perfectly. Oh and how i do love this deck. Also, this is the first non-trimmed deck i've tried gilting and it really does go much faster/easier. will post pictures if i can find batteries for my camera >.>

cardlady22

I've just done my extra Merryday Tarot deck in Cosmic Copper.
Brilliance archival pigment ink pad (Tsukineko)
I haven't picked it up to shuffle yet, but it looks beautiful!

ETA: There is a slight sheen that is coming off on my fingertips, but the edges still shine like a new penny.

Attachments

• MerryDcopper.jpg
    MerryDcopper.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 270