Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

swedishfish612

My first deck ever was Mystic Dreamer and at first I loved it. I still like a handful of the images very much. But there were so many cards that I never "got" what they were saying. I couldn't tell any of the court cards apart. And the borders were so big, I always felt like I was peering into the card, trying to see it all. I just felt like I couldn't get into the world of this deck. I tried working with this deck off and on for a good 4 years before I finally gave up on it!

So then I bought the Gilded, because I read how it's such a great learning deck, beginners can pick it up easily, etc. I bought it even though I didn't like the photos of it I saw online! I hated the borders with gemstones/colored circles and didn't like the "perfection" of the photos.I don't know if that makes sense. But I bought it and tried it, and gave up a few days in.

tarotbear

Hexen2.0...Can't read with this deck at all! :(

I just looked at the link to this in a previous post...Tarot Deck? Toooooo much stuff on the cards, does not seem to relate well to the experience of the card - reminded me of posters you see in classrooms...

Winterchild

Gilded etc

I like the Mystic Dreamer purely for dream work..it works well for me for that.

I hate the look of the Gilded ugh jelly beans :( Seems dead.

I have been trying to get to know and like my Archeon... I chose it as my new deck of the week and shuffled for 3 hours yesterday, slept with it etc! Something is wrong.. I like the images but I think the cards are too small, too shiny, the borders are too much... something is blocking me... aaaaaaaaargh... Yet it really appealed to me...

Have a few trades expected, hope I like those!

shadowdancer

In hindsight, I think I would have stayed on the fence regarding the Silicon Dawn. It just hurts my brain to try and tune in and get a reading from it.

Frank S

Tarot of The Four Elements

Included book - 10/10. Slipcase for book & cards - 10/10. Cards - 3/10! The card-stock for this Tarot set, in my opinion, and for the price, is extremely poor. They feel like those cheap & nasty 'Happy Families' type cards; flimsy and uncoated.

I say 'uncoated', they do have a slight 'gloss' to them but at the same time feel as though a fine misting of hairspray has been allowed to coat them. Very disappointed.

Frank.

Nica

Tarot of Eden. It is brand, brand new. I just don't click with it.

If I was subscribed to the forum, I'd trade it out to someone who wants to give it a go.

I don't own any other deck that I don't click with.

crystal dawn

The Halloween Tarot - too sugary and sweet for me.

quintessence

Masquerade

The Masquerade Tarot worked for me for a brief while and then just quit. Door slammed, can't get back in.

Kosjitov

A few months ago I had the pleasure of being read for with this beautiful deck. It was very attractive color wise and I felt it had great potential in a shamanistic way. Very woodsy, artsy, and very one with nature. I asked for this deck for Christmas.

It is now eight months and I am about to throw my Shapeshifter deck against the wall.

It's gorgeous.
I love the artwork.
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to interpret with it. It actually makes me *uncomfortable* to work with this thing and the book feels like there were too many hands in the pot instead of one clear and concise vision. =\

Also, Dark Angels - I had really high hopes for this deck. I loved the art style on the displayed cards, but a few instances of folks who look like they were auditioning for the part of Edward Scissorhands or got left off the KISS tour bus distract me.

I find myself coming to regret buying the LoS Mini Dragons. I'm realizing I don't like the titles in 4 languages =\

Ugh. I'm turning into a snob. >.<