Selecting the right Tarot software

Scion

JBerry said:
Thank you CardLady for pointing me to a previous thread. The question that remains unanswered is, can I reverse given cards to duplicate an actual reading. I do frequently use reversals.
Absolutely!

You can do it in recreated readings, and you can set the percentage of reversed cards you want to appear when reading directly off orphalese. The only thing you can't do with it is "angle" cards, but I dont' really use elaborate spreads, so it isn't even a slight concern.

For what it's worth, I'll say Orphalese is hands-down the best option.

finaflight

what is orphalese?

What exactly is Orphalese? And would it be valuable for beginners?

Does anyone have the link for it?

Is there a cost?

thank you

Cosmoline

gregory

cosmoline said:
What exactly is Orphalese? And would it be valuable for beginners?

Does anyone have the link for it?

Is there a cost?

thank you

Cosmoline
It is free as a basic programme (you can only use three decks with that version.) To register - I forget.... but I remember I thought it very reasonable - and I am as mean as they come !

You can use it to save spreads, shuffle and layout and so on. In your place - I would download it and see what you think !

Link is here - and it is suitable for anyone who likes tarot reading !

finaflight

thanks Gregory

I posted then ran ou the door yesterday. I will check it out sound interesting.

Cosmoline

lilith

I am completely computer illiterate and yet have fallen in love with orphalese. It's been a struggle, but I've figured out how to download most of my favorite decks (by purchasing their software),print out readings, or email them to others. It's wonderful! The software is reasonably priced, and if you have questions, there's people in support who will get back to you within a few days.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if you can use it on mac.

finaflight

Hi lilith

so can you pull your random cards for the day with this. would it be the same as shuffling a deck of cards in your hand.
I am still in the process of understanding the differant decks, so watch how they play out during the day.

Cosmoline

lizziecat

I agree Orphalese is a great program - very flexible and user friendly!
The latest version does require .NET and I don't know if that would be a problem or not on a Mac with a PC emulator.

I did a quick search on the Orphalese forum and apparently there are a few people who are running it on a Mac with the PC emulator (the link is at the website).

Might be helpful to ask about it there as the developer is very fast at responding to questions!

arcana17

Orphalese runs fine on the Mac and Linux, I use it regularly.

What you need is a license for windows (I use XP), and install it as a virtual machine; I use parallels on the Mac and wmware on Linux. You end up with a full version of windows running in 1 Mac window, and you can install anything you want (as if you were running windows only).

gregory

cosmoline said:
Hi lilith

so can you pull your random cards for the day with this. would it be the same as shuffling a deck of cards in your hand.
I am still in the process of understanding the differant decks, so watch how they play out during the day.

Cosmoline
Yes you can pull random cards. It does the shuffling for you.

Which is what I like !!!!

finaflight

thanx again Gregory

I read around the forum some time ago when people were discussing random computer generated readings. So was wondering what some felt about the daily pull and if it would be the same thing as the actual cards

Cosmoline