10. Scythe - meanings

La Force

10 Scythe

Meanings:

Scythe (noun - thing) I asked myself what is Scythe, as a thing?

Tool, Utensil, Implement, instrument, chisel, knife, Mower, scissor, carver, cutter, Blade, plane, gouge, (Edge Tool), (Manual Tool),

Scythe (noun)

harvest, Haying, removal, Withdrawal, dismissal, release, discharge, eliminate, elimination, deletion, Extraction, Release, Separtation, Separate, Pruner, Editing, reviser, revisor, Culler, Farm, Farming, Gather, Gathering, Collect, Crop, Yeild, Labour,

Scythe (Adjective)
Sharp, Quick, Cuts, Rapid, Slice, Trim, carve, Releasable, Cull, revisable, harvestable, ,

Scythe (Verb)

Cut, cutting, Mow, Mowing, released, releasing, releases, discharged, discharging, discharges, scything, Carving, Carved, Trimming, Trimmed, Slicing, sliced, removing, removed, pruned, pruning, culled, culling, culls, farmed, farming, farms, hayed, haying, hays, collected, collecting, collects,

Examples:

Cut:
To mow, reap, or harvest
cut one's losses
Cut the cards
cut grain
cut grass
cut cloth with scissors.
cut one's hair.
cut a diamond
cut a limb from a tree
cut a payroll
cut a budget
cut the cooking time in half
cut a line from a poem.
cut whiskey with water
cut the noise
cut an engine.
cut a check to cover travel expenses
cut the long hours
cut across a field
a cut in salary

Phrases:
cut back
cut down
cut in
cut off
cut out
cut up Informal
cut a fat hog Texas
cut a wide swath
cut both ways
cut corners
cut down to size
cut it Informal
cut loose
cut no ice
cut off (one's) nose to spite (one's) face
cut (one's) losses
cut (one's) teeth on
cut short
cut the cheese Vulgar Slang
cut the mustard
cut to the chase
cut a calf from a herd
cut and dried
cut one's losses

Napoleon Bonaparte once noted that “Occupation is the scythe of time,” meaning that work mows down or diminishes time.

La Force
:)

Ronia

The Scythe is a negative card. It ends abruptly and painfully, it makes a wound. I'm not sure where you're heading but these are tons of words for each card which I, personally, wouldn't be able to work with. There are great sources for Lenormand online, I always recommend the Serenapowers for beginners. Two-three keywords are all that is needed. Scythe can mean harvest only when the blade is pointing away from the previous card but it does take away the next. Gain/loss. If there is no following card, then it will mean pure harvest. It may mean a quick and often unexpected decision but it needs a combo for this - Roads, Key, for example. A surprise with Clover or Stars. And so on but in its core it is a negative card. Lenormand is simple. Childlike. When a child sees the Scythe it usually says "ouch, cut, pain, blood".

La Force

The Scythe is a negative card. It ends abruptly and painfully, it makes a wound. I'm not sure where you're heading but these are tons of words for each card which I, personally, wouldn't be able to work with. There are great sources for Lenormand online, I always recommend the Serenapowers for beginners. Two-three keywords are all that is needed. Scythe can mean harvest only when the blade is pointing away from the previous card but it does take away the next. Gain/loss. If there is no following card, then it will mean pure harvest. It may mean a quick and often unexpected decision but it needs a combo for this - Roads, Key, for example. A surprise with Clover or Stars. And so on but in its core it is a negative card. Lenormand is simple. Childlike. When a child sees the Scythe it usually says "ouch, cut, pain, blood".

I have read everything pertaining to the lenormand, via all methods possible. so I understand what your talking about completely.

I posted this (keywords) for a very good reason, to me it makes common sense, maybe not to others, that's fine. The reason why I posted this is because there are times that you will ask a certain type of question, and with this question, the scythe doesn't make sense. I discovered this when I was practising 3 card combination, asking questions for practice only, picking one card then putting a second card, then a third card.

THIS IS NOT A READING

example
Scythe + Rider + Clover
Scythe + Clover + Ship

and so on down through the cards.

I was quite capable of coming up with all kinds of the typical negative meanings of the card, that did make sense. but not to the question that was being asked in practice, nor was it a positive, due to the question being asked. now the question had do with something that I already knew about. So I was looking for a positive way of looking at the cards.

I posted this thread as my results of trying to find positive meaning for this card. that's all. You can take or leave it.

My brother many years ago invented the ladder sleeve, this is an attachment you put on your ladder for safety. He is a professional painter commercially. He has had it where many times the ladder would slip, or mark the walls he was painting. so he invented, and patented this safety attachment for ladders.

I already know what the outcome is off this, it was a success.

my question: Will my brothers ladder sleeve be a success.

I received Scythe + Dog + Lily

Therefore the Scythe = TOOL (of sort ) which would be the ladder sleeve attachment.

bottom line is that, the scythe can mean not just negative, but also a form of tool.

Let say you lost your tarot deck, or you couldn't find it.

so you get.

Scythe + Coffin + __________ (fill in the blank)

The scythe now becomes that card to represent your TAROT DECK, why cause your tarot deck is a tool.

Well that's in my head anyways. this isn't up for debate. This is just how I see the cards, you don't have to agree.

If you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say it at all.

La Force

Karrma

A scythe was a treasured tool, it helped get food on the table, it may have been shared by a community for harvest, and the person who could scythe skillfully was respected. As a symbol there is good as well as shadow meaning to it.... I won't say bad, as ending one cycle to begin another is part of life.

La Force

A scythe was a treasured tool, it helped get food on the table, it may have been shared by a community for harvest, and the person who could scythe skillfully was respected. As a symbol there is good as well as shadow meaning to it.... I won't say bad, as ending one cycle to begin another is part of life.

I so totally agree, that's how I see it and that's why I posted this, it seems that a good major of people view it as something negative, and not want to see it's polarity/opposite that it is a good card and can be positive. I have an awesome list of positive combo's now for this card, that I can use depending on the question.

La Force

La Force

Again, I am extremely head shy/gun shy about posting my thoughts on the forum about the lenormand.

I just wanted to add, how I see and use the cards, what makes sense to me, I know my way may not be how some may use it.

This is not a READING

Lets say I want to get my hair cut. (well I am thinking of this my hair is too long, it's a rats nest). we'll just use this as an example

I am going to try very hard here to explain, I hope I don't cause misunderstandings.

with the first post above in thread you'll see I have listed headings for Scythe. Noun, Adjective, verb.

to me the Scythe always starts as a NOUN (person, place, or thing) when it's in position 1, or stands as card 1, or first card you start to read from.

Therefore Scythe will be

Tool + ____________ + _____________
instrument + ____________ + _____________
knife + ____________ + _____________
Mower + ____________ + _____________
scissor + ____________ + _____________
Pruner + ____________ + _____________
Farm + ____________ + _____________
Farmer + ____________ + _____________
Cutter + ____________ + _____________

Now should Scythe fall into the 2nd position, this is where I use the adjective of Scythe. it's going to describe what the scythe is.

+ ____________ + Quick + _____________
+ ____________ + Cuts + _____________
+ ____________ + Sharp + _____________
+ ____________ + carve + _____________
+ ____________ + Rapid + _____________
+ ____________ + Slice + _____________
+ ____________ + Trim + _____________

Now should the Scythe fall in the 3rd position (verb), this is where the Scythe is going to say what action it's going to do.

+ ____________ + _____________ + cutting
+ ____________ + _____________ + Mowing
+ ____________ + _____________ + Trimmed
+ ____________ + _____________ + Slicing
+ ____________ + _____________ + Carved
+ ____________ + _____________ + releasing
+ ____________ + _____________ +Trimming

Now if I were to pull just one card to answer my question I could, using this above method. now my example maybe lame but it's just that an example. In the tradition of lenormand, they say you can't do a 1 card draw, but in my mind yes you can.

Lets say I want to get my hair cut.

Scissors + Trim + cutting
or
Scissors + Cut + Trimmed / trimming

another example:

Farm + cuts + haying
Carver + carves + carving

again this isn't up for any debates, this is what works for me, maybe not you.

if you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say it.

La Force

Ronia

Well that's in my head anyways. this isn't up for debate. This is just how I see the cards, you don't have to agree.

If you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say it at all.

La Force

I'm sure you have noticed that this is a forum. Which, by the very definition of it, means a place to discuss things, sometimes to argue. I haven't read your whole posts, way too lenghty, because I tried to help and have said all I have to say. You can twist any card the way you like and your cards will certainly follow you as they are ruled by your mind. However, in trying to communicate with other readers, you'll definitely have more problems just because they won't follow your mind but their own which is why sticking to the basics means more valuable communication. This is also why many people create their own decks - to fit their own thoughts into some tools for divination. But to limit other people on expressing their thoughts about your style, that's not the right place for it. Here anyone can comment on anything posted, even if it's not nice as long as it's not rude. Good luck with the innovation.

P.S. The cards ALWAYS answer the question asked.

La Force

I'm sure you have noticed that this is a forum. Which, by the very definition of it, means a place to discuss things, sometimes to argue. I haven't read your whole posts, way too lenghty,
I apologize for the lengthy post.

because I tried to help and have said all I have to say.

I did read your post, that was a very good post by the way it will most likely help others.

You can twist any card the way you like and your cards will certainly follow you as they are ruled by your mind. However, in trying to communicate with other readers, you'll definitely have more problems just because they won't follow your mind but their own which is why sticking to the basics means more valuable communication. This is also why many people create their own decks - to fit their own thoughts into some tools for divination.

to start with I created my deck for me, I needed a deck with keywords on it. to help me remember. so I created it to fit my own needs.

But to limit other people on expressing their thoughts about your style, that's not the right place for it. Here anyone can comment on anything posted, even if it's not nice as long as it's not rude.

I made it clear in both posts, that it's my way of reading the card, I didn't or don't need anybody's opinion on how I read the cards. or on my style. so I am not restricting. I just don't need to hear/see negative comments, expecting me to react to them.

I'm not sure where you're heading but these are tons of words for each card which I, personally, wouldn't be able to work with. There are great sources for Lenormand online, I always recommend the Serenapowers for beginners.

I responded to your question, cause you didn't understand the meaning/purpose of my post. that's all so I explain why, and how I use it.

Good luck with the innovation.

P.S. The cards ALWAYS answer the question asked.

Thanks for the good luck it seem I'll need every bit of it. Yes I know the card will answer the question. thanks:)

La Force

DownUnderNZer

Each card does not need a zillion different meanings, but it is good to exercise the mind. :)

Lenormand was made to be "simple" & to answer "clearly" and rather "direct".

Out of the 36 cards there are only really about 7 that have negative meanings including the SCYTHE. However, for me, the card that follows this card can make it either "negative" or "positive" depending on the question, but on the whole this card is all about sharp words or actions and not really anything usually comes good of it. e.g. Seperation.

La Force

Each card does not need a zillion different meanings, but it is good to exercise the mind. :)

Lenormand was made to be "simple" & to answer "clearly" and rather "direct".

Out of the 36 cards there are only really about 7 that have negative meanings including the SCYTHE. However, for me, the card that follows this card can make it either "negative" or "positive" depending on the question, but on the whole this card is all about sharp words or actions and not really anything usually comes good of it. e.g. Seperation.

I agree each cards doesn't need a zillion meanings lol, It was a great exercise, I had so much fun doing up that list. totally expanding the meaning of the card.

This list I posted is there for those who have come across a question, that may require a word to fit the question that all.

They don't need the whole list, I just provided a long list. nothing more.

La Force said:
I posted this (keywords) for a very good reason, to me it makes common sense, maybe not to others, that's fine. The reason why I posted this is because there are times that you will ask a certain type of question, and with this question, the scythe doesn't make sense. I discovered this when I was practising 3 card combination, asking questions for practice only, picking one card then putting a second card, then a third card.

That's is so why I have turned towards the Lenormand, simple to the point, no wishy washy. I just have learn how to add 2 + 2, as in take two words and combine them into one words to make a sentence, that's my struggle. I can get 2 cards, but sometime depending on the 3 card it gets tricky, that's all. so I figured out a way that works for me to do this 1st card noun, 2nd card adjective, 3rd card verb. again that how I am using the cards,

There is actually 10 cards that are negative, then 2 additional one's, that depends on where they are placed.

However, for me, the card that follows this card can make it either "negative" or "positive" depending on the question,

That is the whole point I'm getting at, that is depending on the question.

I like how you see the cards cause that is how I see it. I had no trouble coming up with the typical negative way of viewing the scythe with the question below, however the interpration would have been INCORRECT. good thing that wasn't for a client, cause I would've told them that their ladder sleeve would go no where and would not be a success.

La Force said:
I already know what the outcome is of this, it was a success.

my question: Will my brothers ladder sleeve be a success.

Scythe + Dog + Lilly

Therefore this question requires a positive interpretation, NOT a negative interpretation.

So How would you then interpret the cards keeping in mind that you know it is a success. :)

I would like to see, visually see how you would put a positive meaning to this, as well as how you combine the words to make a sentence. show me how you do it. :)

This is also a great response, I really like it. :)