'Tarot 101' - Kim Huggens study group - Exercise 1.2

closerwalking

Skipping the 1.1 as not that helpful. It is list of statements about tarot which one is to rate true or false. I'd like to skip the exercises that dwell on the traditional meanings, etc. and focus on the ones that encourage intuitive approach.

Exercise 1.2 take a few minutes to brainstorm what you think Tarot can do, for yourself and others?

closerwalking

Tarot 101, exercise 1.2

It can be used for people who are just curious or wanting to have an out of ordinary experience, that can at the same time slip in some words of wisdom. touch folks in a surprising way. Someone who is just beginning to become aware of this sort of thing, and wants to test the water.

For me where it really shines though is it's ability to provide guidance for the journey. It is a way to receive beneficial help for the journey. not from me, but more from the beneficial presence(s), that can speak through the pictures.

It can help us:
know ourselves better;
uncover what is causing unpleasant patterns in our lives.
make wiser choices.
It can deepen:
our own ability to receive guidance both within and without.
our intuition,
our link to the Sacred
our link to our personal Helpers, both within and without.

I'm sure i have missed some things, as I am new to using tarot, so look forward to hearing what others are seeing possible with this beautiful tool?

Owl Song

I love Kim Huggens work. :) Thanks for starting this.

For myself, Tarot can be used for self-development and advice. It's very good at showing you a current situation and giving glimpses into future possibilities or trends -- but the future is always changeable. It can be used as a meditation tool for manifesting goals or bringing a sharpened sense of focus to my desires. It can be browsed through, just to relax and simply enjoy the artwork. It can be used for creative work -- storytelling and writing, especially. It can also provide insight into film and books I'm reading, historical figures, and even current events. Tarot can be used to explore my spirituality; it has an uncanny ability that allows me to get in touch with the Divine. On a lighter note, there are also games that can be played with Tarot.

For others, I can use Tarot for many of the things listed above, especially helping to empower people to feel better about their decisions, understand themselves and their relationships better, and to gain spiritual insight.

Pam O

For me, I use the Tarot as a tool for self-improvement, so I like to attract querents who enjoy learning. It is amazing how simply focusing intention can be so powerful. I like to figure out how I can better encourage desirable results, or explore how to take steps to discourage non-desirable situations that may show up. :lightbulb

Tarot is a tool I like to use to deepen my intuition, to see symbols, and to "read" the wisdom of symbols that pop out to me.

Often querants don't really know the power of the Tarot, so one thing I enjoy is showing them examples of powerful questions to ask the cards! Powerful Qs result in powerful answers. I let them know I do more advice readings than what is going to happen questions. I often give the example, "If you could ask your Spirit Self any question, that is a the kind of question I specialize in with the Tarot." :) I would rather use the Tarot as a tool, rather than to simply see a probable future.

I have often found that the more specific the Q, the more specific the Tarot's answer!

I really enjoy seeing the card that shows up to define the situation. I like using the Tarot to show the present. Sometimes there is such a wealth of info in that one simple position. The card that comes up here is often so enlightening.
- What is going on right now (regarding XYZ)?
- What path are we on? - What path are you on? - What path am I on?

When we see the card's view of a situation, we can get in and explore the details to better see, or understand, a strategy to get what is wanted easier.
- If those results we are trying for are even probable?
- Identifying any block(s) we might be hitting into? Sometimes we feel stuck, but we are not clear on why....
- Advice to overcome a hurdle?
- Or, advice as to how we can our adjust our sights, or goals, to dial in results we are targeting?
- Advice of what the most important thing to do now? What is the next step?

I also really enjoy the different decks that have different styles. Some are complex, others so simple. There are so many visual options available for the wide variety of decks out there, so many different art styles to discover deep wisdom...

closerwalking

thanks for joining!

closerwalking

I can't believe her book has never been studied on this site? we are going to have fun with this, so looking forward to sharing this with you, will be fun to see where this goes, way cool!

Snowhunter

I use Tarot mainly for self-development but I also use it to draw out ideas, and to think of situations from different perspectives. I find journaling to be much more enjoyable now because I have something to focus on rather than just a ramble about my day. I haven't gotten around to it but I also plan to use Tarot to get ideas for writing stories as I've seen others have done.

I didn't really intend to read for other people but if someone were to ask me and it would help them then I certainly would try.

Working with Tarot has made me think more about my spirituality (or lack thereof), and reconsider or reaffirm my beliefs.