¿slɐsɹǝʌǝɹ ɥʇıʍ pɐǝɹ noʎ op

Oddity

No I don't read with reversals, but I do shuffle the deck so that about half of it is reversed. It's to make the cards wear evenly. (I don't know if it makes any difference, but I guess I'll know in ten years of shuffling or so... for now, I do it just in case it matters. :) ) When I lay them out I turn all of them right side up.

The reason I don't read reversals is I can usually feel if the card is positive or negative depending on the other cards in the spread, and also, I don't like to look at the pictures upside down.

Very cool upside down text. :)

Le Fanu

That's so clever. And I thought I was good with computers because I knew how to post my own avatar!

As for reversals, Im getting there. I think the only way to learn reversals is to think long and hard about what, for you, the logical reversed idea or meaning might be to the upright meanings you feel comfortable with. And this isn't going to be in any book.

Im finding that in terms of learning what the cards mean to me upright, I could put out my feelers, learn from looking, learn from books, from AT and various other ways. Eventually you settle on what makes sense for you but books can help you. With reversals, however, I feel more than ever that these really come from within. But you have to grasp the essence of the card first, internalise it and then work logically inverting what the opposite of that might entail.

I don't read elemental diginities. I really don't get that AT ALL...

faunabay

baba-prague said:
It's magic. Though I might reveal all later in this thread.

Personally, ˙sʞɔǝp llɐ ɥʇıʍ ʇou ʇnq 'slɐsɹǝʌǝɹ ɥʇıʍ pɐǝɹ pǝǝpuı op ı
hehe

Of course it's magic. I mean you do live in Prague!!! :joke:

Mellaenn

Wow! You win Best Thread Title of the Year as far as I'm concerned!

I don't read with reversals because I put off learning them when I was first learning tarot - I didn't want to confuse myself. But lately I've been feeling like I should give it a go, or else I will never be able to pick it up. Kind of like learning a new language - when you are young and malleable; it's easier.

gregory

baba-prague said:
It's magic. Though I might reveal all later in this thread.

WELL - that is all very well - but on THIS machine I have a load of boxes and no text - had to copy it into word to get it to show up..

¡ʇou op ı

Golden Moon

I did not have a problem reading it. Either my eyes are good enough to read from all angles or I have dialexia.

But for some reason when I first saw the title I thouhg it was in another language.

Cool title... :D

Wendywu

No I don't read with reversals. I go by placement in the spread, context, intuition and just what screams at me....

Baroli

That's soooo funny!!:laugh:

No, I don't.

*Baroli scratches head and wants to know how to do backwardese. :p

hunter

I find my reading become canned when using reversals and more intuitive when I only use uprights.

Nevada

baba-prague said:
It also depends on the deck for me, in part. But then I could also list tons of other reasons for sometimes reading with and sometimes not, and what I think it likely boils down to is whether I feel like it or not. Shrug. When I do read with reversals, sometimes I read the card in its reversed position and other times I turn it right side up to read it.

I do like to have a few decks that are specifically intended not to be read with reversals, and some that can go either way, as well as some that are specially made to enhance reversal reading (which I don't really have any of, but wish I did).