“Your Personal Tarot Formula”

rachelcat

I thought I’d share a personal card method based on sun and ascendant signs instead of birth date. It’s from the Golden Dawn Magical Tarot mini-kit book.

(For all keys, if the number is greater than 22, add the digits together. Fool = 22. Subtract in any order to get a positive number.)

Individuality Key = Sun sign card
Personality Key = Ascendant card
Problem Key = Individuality plus Personality
Solution Key = Difference of (subtract) Individuality and Personality
Means Key = Difference of (subtract) Problem and Solution
Integration Key = Add all five other cards

My take on the meanings:
Individuality is the real you.
Personality is how you present yourself to the world and how you’re perceived.
Problem is the work to be done or lesson to be learned in this lifetime.
Solution is the answer to the problem you should aim for.
Means is the way to achieve the Solution.
Integration is the way all the previous keys work together as a higher solution.

Golden Dawn Card-Sign Attributions
Aries = 4. Emperor
Taurus = 5. Hierophant
Gemini = 6. Lovers
Cancer = 7. Chariot
Leo = 8. Strength
Virgo = 9. Hermit
Libra = 11. Justice
Scorpio = 13. Death
Sagittarius = 14. Temperance
Capricorn = 15. Devil
Aquarius = 17. Star
Pisces = 18. Moon

There are many sites that will cast your chart, including your ascendant, for free. Time of birth is needed to calculate the ascendant.

rachelcat

Ok, I’ll go first!

Individuality = Cancer = 7. Chariot
Personality = Taurus = 5. Hierophant
Problem = 7 + 5 = 12. Hanged Man
Solution = 7 – 5 = 2. High Priestess
Means = 12 – 2 = 10. Wheel of Fortune
Integration = 7 + 5 + 12 + 2 + 10 = 36 = 9. Hermit

I’ve always been a bit stumped about the Chariot for Cancer, but here’s a try. I like to follow an already established path, but am active in taking it. I’ve always been concerned with morality and ethical behavior.

Heirophant: Ever since I was a young child, I’ve presented myself as a good student and someone who loves reading and learning.

Hanged Man: I can identify with the saying that life is something that happened to me while I was making other plans. On the farther side of 50, I’m still deciding what I want to be when I grow up. A problem? Probably.

Priestess: I am happy that this is my solution. I have been forming a devotion to Wisdom in a feminine form under many names, High Priestess, Wisdom, Sophia, Prajnaparamita. If I can obtain some measure of wisdom, that would be the solution to many life problems!

Wheel of Fortune: Buddhist scriptures point out that we are lucky to be born as humans, lucky to live at a time and place when the teachings are available, and lucky to have our basic animal needs met so we can consider right living and spiritual things. I am one of these lucky beings. This luck is the means by which I will get from hanging to a bit of wisdom.

Hermit: And the way to weave all these traits, problems, and solutions together is through mindfulness and self-awareness.

One reason I wanted to share this method is that these cards really make sense to me (except maybe the Cancer-Chariot thing!).

What’s YOUR personal tarot formula?

Aset

Thanks for sharing this!

Amanda

Might have a slight problem with this...

Both my Sun and Rising sign are Taurus. LOL

Individuality Key = Sun sign card = Hierophant
Personality Key = Ascendant card = Hierophant
Problem Key = Individuality plus Personality = Wheel of Fortune
Solution Key = Difference of (subtract) Individuality and Personality = 5-5=0 Would that still be the Fool? Or is my solution no where to be found? LOL :laugh:
Means Key = Difference of (subtract) Problem and Solution = 10-0=10 = Wheel of Fortune
Integration Key = Add all five other cards = 5+5+0+10+10=30=3- Empress

nicky

I think I get it...

Individuality Key = Sun sign card = Aries = 4 Emperor
Personality Key = Ascendant card = Piscies = 18 Moon
Problem Key = Individuality plus Personality = 18 + 4 = 22 = Fool
Solution Key = Difference of (subtract) Individuality and Personality = 18 - 4 = 14 = Temperance
Means Key = Difference of (subtract) Problem and Solution = 22 - 14 = 8 = Strength
Integration Key = Add all five other cards = 4 + 18 + 22 + 14 + 8 = 66 = 12 = 12 Hanged Man

This is particularly interesting to me as Neptune (The Hanged Man) rules both my ascendent and my moon.

cardlady22

Oh, I love this kind of thing . . .

Individuality Key = Sun sign card
Gemini (6) Lovers
Personality Key = Ascendant card
Aries (4) Emperor
Problem Key = Individuality plus Personality
(10) Wheel
Solution Key = Difference of (subtract) Individuality and Personality
6 - 4 = (2) High Priestess
Means Key = Difference of (subtract) Problem and Solution
10 - 2 = (8) }) Strength or Justice
Integration Key = Add all five other cards
6 + 4 + 10 + 2 + 8 = 30 or (3) Empress

Alta

I would be:

Individuality Key = Sun sign card: 4 Emperor
Personality Key = Ascendant card: 8 Strength
Problem Key = Individuality plus Personality: 4+8= 12: Hanged Man
Solution Key = Difference of (subtract) Individuality and Personality: 4 - 8 = -4 Reversed Emperor?
Means Key = Difference of (subtract) Problem and Solution: 12 - (-4) = 16 The Tower
Integration Key = Add all five other cards: 4 + 8 +12 + (-4) + 16 = 36 = 9 = The Hermit

caridwen

Individuality Key = Sun sign card Cancer/Chariot 7
Personality Key = Ascendant card Gemini/Lovers 6
Problem Key = Individuality plus Personality Death 13
Solution Key = Difference of (subtract) Individuality and Personality 1 Magician
Means Key = Difference of (subtract) Problem and Solution 12 Hanged Man
Integration Key = Add all five other cards 39 = 3+9=12 is Hanged Man or Empress 3?

Maybe I have two Integration Keys Hanged Man and Empress...:thumbsup:

I have been thinking about these a lot and some of these really make sense. Especially Death which works for me and against me on two levels. Problem letting go and no problem ending things. Magician is my card anyway (as is the Sun/Wheel) Hanged Man is something I need to practice - a lot - so is very important to know. Empress may represent mother issues or boundary issues and Hanged Man again, well I said it was important.

Thank you:)

Flaxen

I would be:

Individuality Key = Sun sign card: 15 The Devil })
Personality Key = Ascendant card: 7 The Chariot
Problem Key = Individuality plus Personality: 15+7= 22: The Fool :)
Solution Key = Difference of (subtract) Individuality and Personality: 15 - 7 = 8 Strength (or Justice)
Means Key = Difference of (subtract) Problem and Solution: = 22 - 8 = 14 Temperance
Integration Key = Add all five other cards: 15 + 7 + 22 + 8 + 14 = 66 = 6 + 6 = 12 The Hanged Man

Very interesting...

nicky

I'm a bit lost - can't get 12 which is my Means key as there isn't a 12...I'm stuck so can't do my Integration key...

I see so is 12 the Hanged Man?

That was my guess...maybe some of the confusion lies in that Neptune wasnt discovered during the GD days - but then I wonder what ruled the hanged man ...oh the confusion ...

or maybe we are to add the 1 and 2 together ?