A Crystal Ball...

Alta

Really lovely HC!!!! I think you got yourself a real gem, and bonus points because you feel bonded!!!!

M

lark

A real beauty HC...I can see a rainbow in her...when you find it you just know.

HearthCricket

Yes, she is supposed to have several colourful rainbows and I like that she has a lot of clear places, plus occlusions and a little cloudy area. Everything looks well balanced and like it would give me a lot to focus on and also a nice variety for divinity and concentration. I have 2 books in the mail on scrying and using crystal balls and can't wait for them to come. This is terribly exciting.

It is hard to choose, because there are so many out there on the market. Sizes, colours, clear to foggy, some with mixes, some with rainbows, some with planes and phantoms. I never realized there was so much to consider when picking out one's crystal ball, but it makes it all the more personal and unique! And you know you picked out the right one when you just keep going back to it!

For those of you who have crystal balls, do you cover them with velvet or some kind of cloth when not being used?

Little Baron

Lovely photo HC. Looks great. I would like one with the flaws in like that one day.

I have a crystal ball. He is called 'Mute'.

He has a smaller brother called 'Mute-Too'.

Scrying is not very easy, I have found. I get clearer images in my mind than through the ball, but I hope to one day be able to use one.

Good luck

LB

HearthCricket

How neat, LB! Love the names you gave them. I wish more people would share pics of their crystal balls, no matter what kind they are, as I am now fascinated by the whole subject. (hint...hint...)

I tried a lot of interesting things, lately, for scrying to see how things would work out. Water in a bowl with a black bottom. Nothing. Clear glass. Nothing. A puddle. A little. But I wonder what my neighbours would think if I spent an hour standing in my driveway, staring at a puddle. LOL Well, they already wonder about me! Then I tried a faceted cut glass diamond. Not bad. It had potential, but was too "man-made". So, I bought a large clear crystal, which ended up having more occlusions and planes in it than I expected. And it began to speak to me. But I realized I wanted something smoother, larger, orb like. Thus, the crystal ball. Ideally I would have liked to have gone with something a bit bigger, but it seems they really get cloudier as they get larger and the character begins to get lost...so I will try working with a 3.2 inch ball. I lucked out. I have some quality fake fruit I use in centerpieces in the late summer and fall. One is a plum, nice and round and fits perfectly in my small hands. It was just about 3 inches, so it really have me a nice idea of what size the crystal ball would be. I also think I will always keep my eyes peeled and start a crystal ball fund, for a larger one. That way if one comes along that is nice and clear, compared to the densely fogged ones that come once they are larger, I will be ready to invest. Then, again, Miranda is dear to me and I can't wait to work with her!

Little Baron

The names were chosen in that they have never said a damn thing. I may as well have called them 'Dusty', bcause they have a film of dust a mm thick on their heads.

But I realise that you need to spend [a lot] of time with them; building up gradually, which I have not done out of lack of time. I don't think reading a ball is an overnight process. Maybe one day. I like your ideas about working with them and the cards, side by side.

LB

HearthCricket

LittleBuddha said:
The names were chosen in that they have never said a damn thing.
But I realise that you need to spend [a lot] of time with them; building up gradually, which I have not done out of lack of time. I don't think reading a ball is an overnight process. Maybe one day. I like your ideas about working with them and the cards, side by side.LB

LOL Well, then, they got called what they deserve for not speaking to you! I do believe you have to have a lot of time on your hands to attempt it properly and that you have to be patient. I have had such a leaning towards it since I was about 7 years old that it just seems like it will come natural to me, but who knows. I won't until I try it out. I am also excited about using it with tarot or even oracles. Right now I am still loving my Morgan Greer and happily working with it almost exclusively, but I want to toss someone else in the fun. I may go back to reading my VR because that seems to go nicely with the idea of using a crystal ball alongside. I certainly have some interesting adventures cut out for me this summer! But summer is long and hot and humid, which I hate, so sitting quietly in a cool room staring at a crystal ball sounds perfect!

Little Baron

From what I understand, you need to begin using it for just a few minutes a day, gradually building up the time [or was that getting a suntan?]. Apparently, it is not a good idea to launch into big sessions to start with. There are many threads about it on here. I suppose that is the same as with most things. I tried to concentrate and concentrate and get something from it and it just finished in frustration and tiredness. I naturally see moving pictures and hear voices and I think it might be a way of training myself to tune into the sphere to see them there. I often get them in windows but it is fleeting.

Wish you all the best and look forward to hearing how it goes. Might even spend five minutes with mine later - after I have wiped the dust off, lol.

LB

HearthCricket

LittleBuddha said:
From what I understand, you need to begin using it for just a few minutes a day, gradually building up the time [or was that getting a suntan?]. Apparently, it is not a good idea to launch into big sessions to start with. There are many threads about it on here. I suppose that is the same as with most things. I tried to concentrate and concentrate and get something from it and it just finished in frustration and tiredness. I naturally see moving pictures and hear voices and I think it might be a way of training myself to tune into the sphere to see them there. I often get them in windows but it is fleeting.

Wish you all the best and look forward to hearing how it goes. Might even spend five minutes with mine later - after I have wiped the dust off, lol.

LB

ROFL! Well, if I stare at it too long I suspect my eyes will get a burning sensation from too much strain. I see this as a relationship. First you just have a curiosity. Check the ball out. Find out its name (already did that). Start a friendship. If we get off on the wrong foot, I won't get anywhere with her, and she will end up being a pretty knicknack on my shelves. Be kind, be tender, keep that dust off!! Start asking her little questions. Get to know each and every cloud, rainbow, etc., from every angle. Read my books and be prepared for anything...or nothing. Try it in different lights. Different moods. I don't expect I will be very open to scrying if I have allergy problems or a tummy ache, so don't even bother when feeling sick or tired or too many things on my mind. It would be useless. But I will know the right time to sit down with her, be it 5 minutes or 20 mintues, even if it is just exploring her as a crystal and not scrying. It is just like a tarot deck. You look over the pictures and the book before you usually start reading with it, or at least familiarize yourself with it, first. Patience will be the keyword, here. And really caring for her, like she is a person. Miranda looks like she could be pretty chatty if she wanted to. I swear she was staring back at me on the screen saying, "C'mon, you know I am the ONE! Stop browsing!! You already found me!!"

Little Baron

I might have a little go with Mute tonight.

Mute is like a television that's lost it's plug. No picture. No sound.

Either that, or Mute is just stubborn.

But I might have a little go at trying to charm Mute out of his shell. His nose is right in the air and his lip is definitely zipped.

I would be interested in what books you are reading HC. Have you found any online resources that are any good?

Mute-Too came with the Titania kit. He says little as well. But Mute is about twice as large. My dad bought him for me in some sea-side villiage. I would like to say that he spoke to me in the shop but that would be a lie. But he did look more wonderfully sparklier than his older but smaller brother. Both are clear. I think the ones with flaws are much more inviting, to be honest, but then I wonder if having the gift to see anything in a sphere does not have much to do with size, price etc etc. Would I be right in saying that? If you can do it, can you not transfer the gift onto any ball or similar surface. Even though I suppose familiarity is a good thing in having one as a tool.

Interested in hearing how it all goes for you HC .. and also happy to keep talkig here about it. I have found Crystal Balls fascinating for a long time and would very much be able to use Mute and his brother for more than ornamentation.

LB