Pluto in Capricorn

balenciaga

Anyone want to enlighten us on what we can expect from Pluto's shift into capricorn (fm Sag). It is going to be there a while (16 yrs?)

Leo62

Well my first thought is...

Global recession.

Bit of a downer, I know.

dadsnook2000

History says . . .

History shows us that Pluto last entered Capricorn in 1762. At that time in France, Rousseau's Social Contract was published, promoting democracy and equal rights for all. This led to the French Revolution following the American Revolution in 1776. Mozart, at age 6, was touring Europe and playing his music. The Treaty of Paris ceded Canada, Louisiana and Florida to the British. Other European countries and alliances were busting up and going broke starting at this time. It seemed to be a time of turning inward, away from cooperation, and trying to get one's own house in order.

One can travel back earlier some 240 or 250 years earlier to the early 1400s and compare events then to now. The Crusades had ended, power-structures in countries were realigning, new ideas were sweeping inward and everything was about to change. Jumping back to the late 1100s, we saw the emergence of new powers and the grab for dominion over others as the Europeans fought among themselves and then turned their attention eastward. Patterns emerge after awhile when looking at this stuff. This is what the list should be looking at. Dave

Starling

Is there any way to find out the actual dates? Pluto would have backed and filed into and out of Capricorn several times. It would be very interesting to know when.

OK, there is a 6000 year ephemeris online. Pluto entered Capricorn for the first time in January 1762. Looking online for famous people I found George IV born in August 1762 and Catherine the Great became the ruler of Russia that year. The Social Contract and Emile by Rousseau were either written or published in 1762.

In Nova Scotia the British and French were in the middle of a major war. (Hum... I wonder what George Washington was up to that year?) At the end of the year the war ended, but the peace wasn't signed until the following year.

Stamp Act in 1765 and the first Colonial Congress (9 colonies) was held that same year. The British troops arrive in Boston in 1768. Etc., etc., etc.

Yup, it looks like that the last time Pluto was in Capricorn we had revolutions.

In January 1270 Pluto was at zero Capricorn. I am not sure if it was for the first time or not.

Interesting year. Crusades, the death of Saint Louis and Marco Polo heads for China. A couple of years later the English inact their first Statute of Westminster (basically, their constitution). Hum... It really does look like revolutions, doesn't it? And not all political.

Starling

Wow! Now that is fun.

What I pulled was just 15 minutes on the Web trying to figure out when Pluto was in early degrees of Capricorn and what happened that year and for a few years right after that. This is the stuff of a lifetime study.

balenciaga

Thanks for the interesting info all! I guess we are in for some big worldwide changes, realignment of power structures, etc.

Starling

You know, I think so, but we need to remember that one of these big planets or another goes into a new sign every year (Jupiter does do it every year all by itself). And even Pluto goes into a new one every decade or two. So these big planets FLAVOR the decades. And sometimes that means big and ugly stuff, and sometimes it means the Flower Power of the "70s" (which really started in the mid-60s and ended after 1980).

What I'm thinking is that if we look back at the 20th Century, we can see each decade as having a different feel, or what I called flavor, from the one before and the one after. It would be interesting to just look at each decade and try to find out which planet was were.

dadsnook2000

Easier said than done

A planet a decade -- easier said than done. While an individual planet can exhibit its unique imprint (on a mundane basis) in a sign, it is often easier to see two of the outer planets in a cyclic relationship than a single planet. Given that they all wander around at their own pace, there is often a uneven progress in what we can see.

An excellent exploration of the outer planet cycles and how they affect countries and international affairs is "Mundane Astrology" by Baigent, Campion and Harvey published by the Aquarian Press in the UK.

Another great book that examines the planet's cycles on a personal level is "The Astrology of Midlife and Aging" by Erin Sullivan and published by Penguin Books of the UK.

Of course there are many other cyclic books, I can provide a list from my library if needed. Dave

Starling

Nope, no more books!!! I'm going back to learning my basics again!