"The Art of Tarot" (Emma Garner & Liz Dean): different backs?

Yvresse

Hi all!

I read that this deck, which is sold as a book+deck gift set, has two different backs; one being a tree which is not reversible (i.e. you can tell from the backs if the cards are upside-down or not), while another edition has a different back.

I would like to know if the other back is reversible or not, as well as which edition has this back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! =)

beachcomb

idk which edition mine is, i got it in december and it was used.
my backs are dark blue there is a square and in that square there is the world and then in each corner there is a symbol for each of the 4 suits (cup, wand,coin, and sword).

when they are in non reversed the cup and wand is on the top.
when reversed the sword and coin is on the top.
(i hope that makes sense!)

if you are observant and totally paying attention then yeah, you could tell when it's reversed.

sorry i can't attach a photo i don't know how :/

Yvresse

Hi beachcomb! Thank you! I understand what you mean from your description, so I don't need a photo. But just so you know, you need to be a subscriber to upload pictures, but you can also use picture upload sites to post pics. Thanks again!

Y.~

Sulis

beachcomb

Yvresse said:
Hi beachcomb! Thank you! I understand what you mean from your description, so I don't need a photo. But just so you know, you need to be a subscriber to upload pictures, but you can also use picture upload sites to post pics. Thanks again!

Y.~

oh good i'm glad you understood from my description and thanks for the info about uploading pix.

beachcomb

me again, lol.

i found the box that the set came in and there is no date on the box anywhere but my cards are from the deluxe edition if that helps.

Yvresse

Hi Sulis, beachcomb:

Hmmm, the tree background sounds nicer to me ^.^ And if it really is an older version, then I think I should get a move on before only the new backs are left. beachcomb, if it's not too much trouble, what colour is your book?
This Amazon page shows editions ranging from blue to purple, and in between, with the year of publication. I think I've seen a green one before too, and I think that was published in 2001.

Thanks again!~*