"Guy" Decks?

Le Fanu

The Via Tarot, despite the artist being a woman has a masculine feel and isn't RWS-y.

Isn't it funny how everyone used to mention the DruidCraft in threads like this - all the tartan and beards - but nobody mentions it now. That vision of masculinity must be disappearing. And I couldn't buy the Dragons recommendation for anyone over 12. Really I couldn't.

Also Dame Fortune's Wheel is another one...

Barleywine

The Via Tarot, despite the artist being a woman has a masculine feel and isn't RWS-y.

Isn't it funny how everyone used to mention the DruidCraft in threads like this - all the tartan and beards - but nobody mentions it now. That vision of masculinity must be disappearing. And I couldn't buy the Dragons recommendation for anyone over 12. Really I couldn't.

Also Dame Fortune's Wheel is another one...

Yes, I have Dame Fortune's Wheel but have had some trouble getting my head around the imagery and symbolism. I believe the DruidCraft was mentioned very early in the thread. The Dragons aren't for me either, although they seem to meet the criterion I set.

DDwarks

The prediction Tarot is RW/Marseilles and very "neutral".

The Thoth would be my choice.

My ex husband like the Gilded Tarot the best for it's simplicity.

aquestionmark

Also would like to say The Book of Kaos tarot and Tarot D: The Didactic Tarot :)

Edited to add the Mercurial Travel Tarot Deck

euripides

+1 for Norse, and Druidcraft. I think they might be seeing a resurgence, thanks to Vikings & Game of Thrones.

I like Kat Black's Touchstone Tarot - it's got a generally very sober feel, and with the brown wallpaper backs and classical paintings, it wouldn't seem out of place in a a gentleman's wood-and-leather smoking room.

For something different, I might suggest the Universe cards - oracle rather than Tarot, but beautiful and sciencey, that might appeal to some. I love them.

Debra

My husband adores his Arcus Arcanum.
He's as "guy" as they get, and this grabs him by his 12 year-old self.

Attachments

• arcus-arcanum-08317.jpg
    arcus-arcanum-08317.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 279

Barleywine

My husband adores his Arcus Arcanum.
He's as "guy" as they get, and this grabs him by his 12 year-old self.

Nice deck, but it must be OOP since it's well out of my price range.

Barleywine

The prediction Tarot is RW/Marseilles and very "neutral".

The Thoth would be my choice.

My ex husband like the Gilded Tarot the best for it's simplicity.

Prediction Tarot would work and I like the feel of the artwork, but it's only available used and I much prefer to buy new.

The Thoth has always been my main deck for personal study and use, and I've had more enlightened male sitters specifically request it, but I tend not to offer it upfront in public reading.

The Gilded Tarot is one of my staple "client" decks and works well for any sitter.