Golden Tarot

jmd

Personally, I have enjoyed seeing how this thread, giving us all information on the release of your deck, has developed.

Even the more personal-type posts have been very much informative as to not only what is occuring where (for example, what US people have access to and what we are still awaiting), but also a wonderful live discussion on the joys and awaitings of creating one's own deck and its release from a major publisher.

Please continue to inform us. The personal touch always warms... :)

Molly

I'm not sure what the forum's guidelines are, but I love your posts, all of them, even personal tidbits, which are fun to hear for me. So that's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Mimers

jmd said:
Personally, I have enjoyed seeing how this thread, giving us all information on the release of your deck, has developed.

Even the more personal-type posts have been very much informative as to not only what is occuring where (for example, what US people have access to and what we are still awaiting), but also a wonderful live discussion on the joys and awaitings of creating one's own deck and its release from a major publisher.

Please continue to inform us. The personal touch always warms... :)

Ditto :)

Lee

I agree with jmd, Molly, and Mimers.

-- Lee

Hedera

... And me! :)

This is a very enjoyable thread.

I always love to hear 'back story' on someone's creations!

Cerulean

Just let us know

...If for housekeeping or other forum purposes, you are posting to or opening up a different thread or threads on Golden Tarot subjects.
I like one stop visual shopping to hear the latest, so I'd continue to log into this thread. I'd be sad to miss any news if you and others decide to go on to another part of the forum...
Thanks.
Mari H.

Jeannette

Mea Culpa

I'm confused. If these last several posts are in regards to retrokat's comment about receiving a note about this thread from a Moderator, I'll come to the Moderator's defense. I made a post -- now (appropriately) deleted -- that was completely unnecessary for the thread discussion. It was directed to retrokat regarding a personal matter (granted, related to the Golden Tarot, but not to the issues pertaining thereto for purposes of this thread), and I actually realized a few minutes after I made the post that it would have been more appropriate to send a PM instead. But because I posted publicly, retrokat posted publicly in reply.

I was also contacted by the Moderator and provided with a review of the forum rules, with which I agree. Forum exchanges between two members that are of no conceivable interest to anyone else have no place on the public boards. I've been on too many other forum systems that are just cluttered with personal exchanges, and it makes it hard to wade through to the information of interest to the rest of the participants. I don't think the Moderator had any intention of putting the kibutz on public postings regarding news of the Golden Tarot and its pending publication, or on any questions, comments, or observations pertaining thereto. It was simply an attempt to keep the thread clear of irrelevant information, for which I take total responsibility in the current case.

Now, back to the regularly-scheduled discussion of the wonderful Golden Tarot...

-- Jeannette
http://www.tarotgarden.com

retrokat

Fair enough! Although I don't agree that the post/s I was directed to by the Moderator was of no conceivable interest to others, since it was where you (Jeanette) offered to provide me with a scan of the deck, and then did so. The fact that you gave me my first look at the catalogue listing is very important to me, and quite conceivably therefore of interest to others. It shows what a considerate vendor you are, for a start.

But enough of all that, I agree. I'll keep posting here as long as people want to keep asking me questions, or if I find out anything new about the deck. :)

retrokat

Oops - now I have the catalogue I just noticed that the size I previously gave for the deck isn't the same as listed in the catalogue. It's only slightly different, but it might be important if for example you're making a bag to fit the deck. The size listed in the catalogue is the same size as a standard Rider Waite - 2 3/4" x 4 3/4".

I'm going to have a go at making tarot bags with some beautiful Renaissance-style gold trims I've found, so if people end up buying signed decks directly from me they might be able to buy a bag to match the deck :)

Logiatrix

Okay, I'm salivating...

...AND praying for October!

Jeannette and/or Lori said:
RRP is listed at US$ 20. The catalog confirms October as the target release date. Here's the descriptive blurb that's included:

"Comprised of collage imagery from the European masters paintings, the Golden Tarot is a stunning addition to any tarot collection. The cards are beautifully treated with gilt edges and the deck is specially packaged in a deluxe display box. While the deck pays tribute to artwork of the Middle Ages and early Renaissance, it celebrates the exploration of tarot and its artistic heritage. Kat Black's interpretation is both welcoming and modern while remaining true to the original traditions of the Rider-Waite."

[Any spelling errors that may appear in the above would be my own.]

There -- now we can all start salivating all over again!

-- Jeannette
http://www.tarotgarden.com

How cool is this, people?!! We KNOW Kat Black!
:D :D :D