The Deviant Moon

Moonboy

Spoiler Alert.....

Well, the BLacK CaT is out of the bag!
As you know, each Pre-Order of the signed Deviant Moon Companion Book comes with special bonus collectibles found ONLY from this site.

One of them happens to be
the 49th Card from the upcoming DEVIANT MOON ORACLE.

The Deviant Moon Oracle is a 48 card borderless deck——the extra 49th card is ONLY available with Pre-Orders of the DM Companion (While supplies last)

more info at http://www.deviantmoon.com

shadowdancer

I had wanted to like this deck, but when I bought the initial edition it didn't click and I traded it away.

I felt the inclination to give it another go, so ordered the borderless deck which arrived today.

Sadly it is flawed with 28 cards having this blue line at the bottom on the rear. I am waiting for US Games to get back to me with an email address so I can send photos. I just didn't think it was an issue Book Depository were responsible for.

Anyone else have this issue?? I think I have grown up a lot since then and know that what often leaves me wanting is what I need to look at closely to really appreciate :)

Attachments

• blue cards.jpg
    blue cards.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 124

Le Fanu

I'm sure US Games will see you right. I have had excellent experience with their customer relations department.

starla

I recently bought a copy of this deck from Watkins in London (always a fab experience). I had long put off buying it because I thought it was just too dark and strange (though knowing eventually I'd go for it, I think!), That day I just knew it would be coming home with me and I'm so delighted that I took the plunge. I've acquired a few decks recently after a long deck buying hiatus so it's waiting in the queue at the moment for my full attention. When I get to it, I think it'll have a lot to say.

:)
Starla
x

Farzon

When I came to the Tarot the DM was the deck of the year and always on Aeclectic somewhere. I despised it... too ugly and creepy to even keep my eyes of it!

So I bought it out of fascination for the dark and repellant feelings it gave me. Love it ever since. Today I think it's cute. ^^

Terrapin

For years when I saw on-line images of the DM I thought 'no, just too insectile.' Creepy and weird just for weirdness sake. Lately though, especially seeing the borderless version, I've come to like it (and I'm not even a big borderless fan of any deck.) I will be getting it soon and think it's probably a good deck to examine the gentle and pathetic, and endearingly grotesque aspects of life. I think we could be good friends.

Moonboy

Hi Shadowdancer,

Looks like there was an error with the trimming at the printers with your deck. I would like to offer you a brand new signed deck for your troubles. Just private message me your address and I will send it out right away. :)

Regards,
Patrick

I had wanted to like this deck, but when I bought the initial edition it didn't click and I traded it away.

I felt the inclination to give it another go, so ordered the borderless deck which arrived today.

Sadly it is flawed with 28 cards having this blue line at the bottom on the rear. I am waiting for US Games to get back to me with an email address so I can send photos. I just didn't think it was an issue Book Depository were responsible for.

Anyone else have this issue?? I think I have grown up a lot since then and know that what often leaves me wanting is what I need to look at closely to really appreciate :)

mydearruby

Patrick you are always so nice ^^ Looking forward to the companion book!~Are you going to have a new edition of the deck coming with the book too?

Arimaya

OMG early birthday present to myself NOOOOWWW. I have waited so long! So love having the signed editions -- did that for Shadowscapes as well.

I'm excited for the oracle, I'd like to see about putting them together into one massive deck to read from...

KnightOfTheCosmos

Oh wow, an oracle deck?? I'm super excited for this!

I have only recently started to really delve into tarot, and I don't have that many decks. As of now (and I think always, tbh) my favorite deck is Deviant Moon. I've always been attracted to dark and macabre art and I was immediately attracted to it, but I was worried it'd be too intense for me. Then I caved and got it and it just felt right in my hands. Like it belonged, haha.

I literally have no complaints about it. The cards are the perfect size, the card stock is nice and sturdy, and the art is incredible. I gotta say my favorite card is Death. Wonderful take on it. Some of my other favorites are The World, 2 of Cups and Knight of Cups (simply because this knight is so adorable and the card just oozes with that whole dreamer vibe, haha).

My readings have been very accurate with this deck. When I need brutal honesty, this is my deck of choice. It cuts through the crap and it shows you other sides of situations that you may not have seen before. I find that it is incredible when it comes to relationship questions (all kinds of relationships).

Going back to the art: there's so many little details in all of the cards. Each card truly tells a story and I feel like I notice something new in each card everytime I do a reading. This deck is really helping me become a better pictorial reader and it's also helping me be more confident with my intuition.

As you can see, I really love this deck. We just vibe really well, and it will always be one of my favorite (if not absolute favorite) deck of all time.