Etteilla Tarot III

Yelell

Definitely not knockoffs, though I don't know how to contact Lo Scarabeo

I went to their site yesterday http://www.loscarabeo.com but apparently they're all on vacation :joke:

" SUMMER HOLIDAYS
LO SCARABEO offices will be CLOSED for our SUMMER holidays from August 7th until August 24th"

Nemia

In my deck (recently acquired via Book Depository), Nuit, Appui and Fortune are in black and white. I'll be following this thread.

Yelell

In my deck (recently acquired via Book Depository), Nuit, Appui and Fortune are in black and white. I'll be following this thread.

Devil's advocate perhaps: Is everyone really sure it's not intentional? I personally can't understand how or why, but with this deck especially I know next to nothing. It just looks like there may be a whole printing lot of these decks. I wonder if there's any possible reason these cards may lack color on purpose.

dancing_moon

My version of the deck has all the cards in full color, so it must be a printing error. :( The back is different too. And I can't think of a single reason why those 3 particular cards would be intentionally printed in black and white, to be honest.

littlethings

Mine has three black and white cards, too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 174

debitutchi

Surprising such a big error could make it through. I could imagine there may be some sort of revisionist explanation (i.e. We wanted to experiment with some B&W), but honestly, it must be a mistake given the arbitrary nature of the affected cards and the fact that all previous printings and remakes of this deck have been full-color.

I was watching youtube and saw that decks without the B&W mistake have a different box design. The printing with the B&W mistake has in smaller font under the title "Etteilla Tarot" at the bottom (something about a book of ancient wisdom or such yadda yadda). The older printings just say "Etteilla Tarot" with nothing underneath. I had to ask a couple of ebay sellers to check their stash to see which printings they had. I ordered one from the UK, hopefully it won't have B&W…I think this is the last time I will try to obtain this deck! This will be my 3rd attempt! (4th if you count getting the Peruzzo version, which is nice, but smaller than I expected)

cmarie

I have this deck on my wish list, but I am holding off a bit because of the b/w cards. At least until Lo Scarabeo gets back from vacation! :D

debitutchi

Hmph. Got my deck from a UK seller, different box labeling, hoped that would make a difference, but NO! Still the same black and white cards. I wonder when this defective print run began? I wrote to LoScarabeo on their website (contact us link). I wonder if all the owners of the defective decks write to them if something would be done?

In the meantime, anyone wanna sell me their musty old edition Book of Thoth tarot that they aren't using? :) I promise a loving home...

Love this deck. I am super bummed. :(
But at this point I don't think I'm going to buy any more "new in box" versions. This was my third failed attempt...I want color darnit!

Le Fanu

Lo Scarabeo will do something. Even if it's just to say that ... er... It's supposed to be like that :D

debitutchi

That would be such an unscrupulous response. Wouldn't that be terrible? Still, I doubt they are able to issue a recall and replacement...