Transformational Tarot (Arnell Ando)

Miss Divine

I realize this deck is out of print.. But I have been eyeing it for some time and can get a copy for a reasonable price. My question: How does this deck read? Do people who have it actually enjoy it as a reading deck? Help! I am really on the fence if I should purchase or not.

JayBee

I have an indirect way of answering your question. I have this deck and enjoy it as art, rather than for reading. However, Arnell Ando is a true gem of a person who also has tarot coursing through her blood and marrow. The energy of any deck that she creates would, I have great faith, make it more than fine as a reading deck. I realize you're looking for more of a hands-on answer; however, I wanted to offer you an opinion from more of an esoteric perspective in the meantime.

Miss Divine

I have an indirect way of answering your question. I have this deck and enjoy it as art, rather than for reading. However, Arnell Ando is a true gem of a person who also has tarot coursing through her blood and marrow. The energy of any deck that she creates would, I have great faith, make it more than fine as a reading deck. I realize you're looking for more of a hands-on answer; however, I wanted to offer you an opinion from more of an esoteric perspective in the meantime.

Thank you for responding. :)
I considered this deck way back in 2007 and I was planning on purchasing it ''someday''. All of a sudden it was hard to find when I was looking for it recently. I really like that style of art. I realize it isn't a RWS clone, which is a good thing as I have plenty of those. So from your post what you're saying is that it's a great reading deck.. But you just don't tend to use it for that!? :D

Miss Divine

I went ahead and purchased this deck and am so glad I did. I've been really enjoying it the last few days. I think it's very easy to read with. Very intuitive as well. Not all the images are perfect, but I don't care.. I tend to love the older imperfect decks these days. I think it's a shame it's gone OOP.

strings of life

I received this deck after it went OOP after eyeing it for years and and love it to pieces! I'm a huge fan of collage-style decks and you can tell that this was a labor of love by Arnell Ando. I agree with Miss Divine in that its a great reading deck. I think it would have been a great as a borderless deck but the framing works.

strings of life

Just a thought, but this is the perfect autumn deck--those colors! I'm going to take mine out tonight.

Miss Divine

This deck is all I've been using since purchasing it. I love it! It's got such a nice vibe to it too. If anyone is interested, the online shop I purchased from still has 4 left in stock.

JayBee

A note to Miss Divine and strings of life: I have had some past communication with Arnell Ando, and I thought she would appreciate seeing what you've been saying, so I sent her a quick email to inform her. She wrote back, "That really means a lot that Trans T. isn't just gone & forgotten...really nice to 'hear' such positive things about that deck...thanks again for writing. It cheered my spirits."

gregory

I am REALLY lucky - I also have its "older, wilder version" as Solandia has called it - the Hero's Journey. (Luckily I was still working when I saw it on ebay !!! It COST me, and also the delivery process got someone DESERVEDLY fired from DHL - the last straw was when - after saying they had left a card at my house, twice - they hadn't been near it - I could pick it up in Manchester (120 miles away) - "for my convenience" - this from a company who had been pair a premium price for 48 hour delivery on that particular occasion... ! the apology letter said "We understand this experience will have done nothing to improve your view of our company". Well, no, It was pretty low already; my heart sank when I heard that's who Purolator in Canada works with...)

I love them both. And it is great fun to compare (and Arnell is a lovely person !)

Padma

This deck is all I've been using since purchasing it. I love it! It's got such a nice vibe to it too. If anyone is interested, the online shop I purchased from still has 4 left in stock.

where did you get it, Miss Divine...?